FEW3

Wow, those sandwich folks

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, newcut said:

Development continues on Cape Cod there will be no need to come here. It will be just like Joisy. 

Well that's a shame.  All in the name of progress they say. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

As far as creating ....jobs.....it's not the jobs that are problem around here, it's the workers to fill them. Every business owner I know is really really hurting for help. Now when a developer wants  to build they go with "affordable housing to attract workers". Of course after the monstrosity is built the "affordable rent" turns out be like two of the units are $10/month less  than market.

Edited by newcut

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

Wow...what is in the beer to attract the huge crowds.  As an old guy I just don't get the whole craft beer thing.

I never thought I would wait in line for beer until I tried TH

It's fresh as in canned today fresh and made with all top quality ingredients. 

Very well thought out.

It ruined ALL other beers for me.

Well most other beers. I don't drink a lot of beer but what I do is great beer.

Everyone is different. A lot of my friends are bud light guys.

12 mins ago, newcut said:

Of course after the monstrosity is built the "affordable rent" turns out be like two of the units are $10/month less  than market.

Right. 

And because the monstrosity has been built, "market" goes up majorly in town, so net result is "affordable" is higher than the previous market.

The result being the service workers still can't afford to live there.

Meanwhile the town losses acres of land, increases the drain/pollution of the aquifer, vastly increases the traffic, adds to the burden on the schools and only puts $$$ into a select few pockets. 

But we just had this discussion here last month.

27 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Right. 

And because the monstrosity has been built, "market" goes up majorly in town, so net result is "affordable" is higher than the previous market.

The result being the service workers still can't afford to live there.

Meanwhile the town losses acres of land, increases the drain/pollution of the aquifer, vastly increases the traffic, adds to the burden on the schools and only puts $$$ into a select few pockets. 

But we just had this discussion here last month.

Makes you wonder where the water is going to come from and where the wash water is going to go............but, we need new bridges.....................

Never had tree house.  I have been to the trillium brewery.  Crazy line to pick up beer. Music playing, get a beer to drink while you stand in line.  It’s pretty awesome

48 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I live 15 minutes away,  when my phone give me an update that there is no line I go get beer.

My wife calls this a cult following. 

CxZ0ZwUXAAATCcv.jpg

waiting-in-line-to-get.jpg

How fast does a line that size move and how early do you need to arrive to try and make sure you're at least half way down that line or better?  I'd hate to do make a run and find out I want to bring home some Julius but never actually stood a chance at getting some. 

50 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I live 15 minutes away,  when my phone give me an update that there is no line I go get beer.

CxZ0ZwUXAAATCcv.jpg

DOH! And my dog loves doing this too !

1 hour ago, fishless said:

How fast does a line that size move and how early do you need to arrive to try and make sure you're at least half way down that line or better?  I'd hate to do make a run and find out I want to bring home some Julius but never actually stood a chance at getting some. 

Right now it's only online sales

You get in line in your vehicle. 

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

CxZ0ZwUXAAATCcv.jpg

5 hours ago, capequahog said:

the parking there is minimal, I think a dozen spots may go with the business, the rest are town owned, wether or not they make a deal with beerhouse remains to be seen, I'msure all the out of town blowhards would love the place in their hoods

John that was the main issue with the last owner , who owned it twice along with his tow others in the center of Sandwich and the old doll house he owns. The limited parking caused a lot of trouble for the police department having to continue to move those who were going to the restaurant. That is when it got real serious and the selectman intervene, until the owner told them to go pound sand when he was told he needs to stop telling his customers it was ok to park in the public parking lot for those who were paying a fee to park .   The town installed meters and any one without a ticket was given a fine to pay , The owners customers did not like that and then decided to sell it once again which he did. An Now we have another whole process and problems to iron out that will not be easy to cure. Peace and Prayers