FEW3

Wow, those sandwich folks

Rate this topic

141 posts in this topic

43 mins ago, Joe G said:

A tap room, beer garden, curb-side sale of beer, on-site food trucks, satellite parking, shuttle runs......and, all this within a short distance of the world famous Sandwich Boardwalk.   Sounds like a win-win.   

What's there not to like?  

Me thinks if they were serving tea and crumpets and raspberry scones they'd be no problem at all.  But some people can't deal with a business selling that ol devil rum. :devl:

Edited by bob_G

46 mins ago, Joe G said:

A tap room, beer garden, curb-side sale of beer, on-site food trucks, satellite parking, shuttle runs......and, all this within a short distance of the world famous Sandwich Boardwalk.   Sounds like a win-win.   

He says from his West End penthouse :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, FoliFish said:

.....  It’s not like this is new.  It’s been a bar/restaurant/“saloon” for a long time, just new owners.  

Many years back, I always enjoyed spending a late afternoon on the upstairs out-side deck at the Horizons sipping a campari and soda.    

Never dined there, but I found it a super nice place to chill out, relax and have a few libations after a full day of Cape activities.

11 hours ago, capequahog said:

what, people don't want a saloon next to their houses

People will complain about everything 

9 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

They obtained there permits with false information about all of the particulars involved in making this happen in a flood zone , They will undergo more scrutiny and most likely may well not rebuild at that location. It has limited parking and has seen at least three other owners of that site over these past few years. It was not a money making spot as indicated by the continuous owners that were unable to make a go out of it. peace and prayers 

The town will cave and give them the world, treehouse will pay to make this happen they are rich and give lots of Money to keep the town happy 

My prediction....we'll see 

5 hours ago, Joe G said:

Long lines,traffic re routed,cops directing traffic, 2 beer limit at the tap room.  

In and out after 2 beers and waiting an hour in line .you cannot imagine the following. 

My wife calls it a cult.

You'll see

32 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

People will complain about everything 

The town will cave and give them the world, treehouse will pay to make this happen they are rich and give lots of Money to keep the town happy 

My prediction....we'll see 

Long lines,traffic re routed,cops directing traffic, 2 beer limit at the tap room.  

In and out after 2 beers and waiting an hour in line .you cannot imagine the following. 

My wife calls it a cult.

You'll see

Police details carry a lot of weight. They'll pay to have officers in the lot, and directing traffic.  Police support carries a lot of weight in situations like this.  

I have no doubt this will happen, and it will be benefit to the town.

18 mins ago, bob_G said:

Police details carry a lot of weight. They'll pay to have officers in the lot, and directing traffic.  Police support carries a lot of weight in situations like this.  

I have no doubt this will happen, and it will be benefit to the town.

In Charlton they had issues in the beginning with their waste water.

They thew money at it for a new system and to the town.  Every one happy. 

They sell beer at $120 a cast and people wait an hour for 4 cases.

Everything they do is so thought out. Very impressive 

I just read a couple articles about this on Cape Cod Times. Basically these people bought/own property near a restaurant that failed and now that someone new is coming along to try to reopen they are complaining. Is it the beer that’s the problem? Would it be fine if it was a cape themed restaurant that sold lobster rolls and fried clams as well as booze? This concern by the neighbors that Tree House isn’t following flood plain rules is idiotic. Do they really want to have an even bigger building towering over their houses? Tree House has enough money to do what ever needs to be done. If they need to tear the structure down and start over they can and the neighbors will be even more pissed. 

So this is at the old Horizons (among other names) place? Hadn't seen anything about it.

Tree House bought a huge place near me in Deerfield. The old Channing Bete place. They're supposed to be opening in a few months. Got my wuflu vaccination there and was disappointed I couldn't get a shot and a beer.

27 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

So this is at the old Horizons (among other names) place? Hadn't seen anything about it.

Tree House bought a huge place near me in Deerfield. The old Channing Bete place. They're supposed to be opening in a few months. Got my wuflu vaccination there and was disappointed I couldn't get a shot and a beer.

Haha...

Ba Dum Tss

“Thank you, I’ll be here all week...”

22 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

They obtained there permits with false information about all of the particulars involved in making this happen in a flood zone , They will undergo more scrutiny and most likely may well not rebuild at that location. It has limited parking and has seen at least three other owners of that site over these past few years. It was not a money making spot as indicated by the continuous owners that were unable to make a go out of it. peace and prayers 

Are you saying they presented false information in their plans to the town....they lied?  

17 hours ago, FEW3 said:

The 4 neighbors throwing a stink claim TH inflated the value of the property in order to avoid having to put the property on stilts. 

The 4 neighbors say they don't have an issue with TH opening there, they say they just want the rules followed.

The 4 neighbors are full of chit and are NIMBYs  of the worst kind.

TH inflated the value?  Wouldn’t the town be responsible for assessing the value as far as taxes/regulations?  

14 mins ago, FoliFish said:

Are you saying they presented false information in their plans to the town....they lied?  

Yes according to the folks who filed the claim are saying these folks underestimated the value of the project to fall below the value in order to avoid the latest regulations that  are required under the New flood zone rules for such projects. If the numbers are recalculated and they are correct this business will be required to put the business above the flood zone on pilings .    Peace and Prayers