FEW3

Wow, those sandwich folks

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, Joe G said:

I'm hearing from a  number of people in Sandwich that there is still no word where vehicles will eventually park and then be shuttled to and from Treehouse.

Seems to me the residents deserve an answer.  Apparently, Treehouse, the Sandwich Selectman and Police Department are not talking.

Seems very strange at this late point in the game to with hold that critical information from the public.

Me thinks, once disclosed, it will not be well received by the citizenry.

Predict they'll park at the bulkheads and shuttle from there. Good luck with daytime fishing parking. :worms:

36 mins ago, Joe G said:

I'm hearing from a  number of people in Sandwich that there is still no word where vehicles will eventually park and then be shuttled to and from Treehouse.

Seems to me the residents deserve an answer.  Apparently, Treehouse, the Sandwich Selectman and Police Department are not talking.

Seems very strange at this late point in the game to with hold that critical information from the public.

Me thinks, once disclosed, it will not be well received by the citizenry.

Why would be any different from all the other failed businesses there as far as how many cars will be parked there ! 

I have a friend that attended a wedding there when it was one of the restaurants that was there .he was standing below the upper deck just chatting with some people ehen he was getting pissed on from above!guy doing the pissing was from 2 houses down s Sandwich resident ! So i can see there concerns about parking ! Not

5 mins ago, shark lobster said:

I have a friend that attended a wedding there when it was one of the restaurants that was there .he was standing below the upper deck just chatting with some people ehen he was getting pissed on from above!guy doing the pissing was from 2 houses down s Sandwich resident ! So i can see there concerns about parking ! Not

A guest was urinating off the upper deck  of the restaurant?  I don't think that's a parking problem.  

13 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Why would be any different from all the other failed businesses there as far as how many cars will be parked there ! 

Chuck,

I think the locals may have been on board with  concept if it was more of the  "same old same old", then pretty much closed after Columbus day. 

But these Treehouse guys have a track record of success. Booming success.   This will change the character of the neighborhood. 

But, this isn't  Patti Page's  Ole Cape Cod anymore. It's 2021, maybe it's time we moved on.  

20 hours ago, bdowning said:

Predict they'll park at the bulkheads and shuttle from there. Good luck with daytime fishing parking. :worms:

I did more snooping around and the word has it Treehouse is currently in “negotiation to purchase a large parking field within walking distance of the brewery”.  Notice the choice of words…..purchase, walking distance and  field.  Interesting.

Occupancy permit allows for 250 indoor seats and another 250 outdoors……for a total of 500, indoors and outdoors.    So…… figure a parking area capable of holding say 200-300 vehicles.

The shuttle will run between the parking facility and the brewery. 

The beauty of this operation is that Treehouse is able to control its customer flow.  Ingenious. 

Considering all that, and referencing a map, you can get a good idea where the parking area will be.

20 hours ago, bob_G said:

Chuck,

I think the locals may have been on board with  concept if it was more of the  "same old same old", then pretty much closed after Columbus day. 

But these Treehouse guys have a track record of success. Booming success.   This will change the character of the neighborhood. 

But, this isn't  Patti Page's  Ole Cape Cod anymore. It's 2021, maybe it's time we moved on.  

1000s under the age of 40 just said "Patti who?" :p

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

I did more snooping around and the word has it Treehouse is currently in “negotiation to purchase a large parking field within walking distance of the brewery”.  Notice the choice of words…..purchase, walking distance and  field.  Interesting.

Occupancy permit allows for 250 indoor seats and another 250 outdoors……for a total of 500, indoors and outdoors.    So…… figure a parking area capable of holding say 200-300 vehicles.

The shuttle will run between the parking facility and the brewery. 

The beauty of this operation is that Treehouse is able to control its customer flow.  Ingenious. 

Considering all that, and referencing a map, you can get a good idea where the parking area will be.

Where do you figure, the piece on Tupper rd beside the cc5 driveway ?

The land to the left of the present parking lot is owned by the Power Plant and plenty of land on the old coal farm just inside the gates of the present plant as john mentioned there is another parcel on topper road that leads up to the bank Peace and Prayers

This has all the earmarks of a major  kerfuffle. Off premise parking for hundreds of cars,  shuttle busses,  seating for 500.   Live music  and lots of beer right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. 

What could go wrong? :worms::beers::poopfan:

23 hours ago, bob_G said:

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

1000s under the age of 40 just said "Patti who?" :p

1957??

Juust a little before my day

Good lord is this old timey...

I'm surprised she didn't spell it "Olde"

Can't say I remember the nifty 50s and their innocence.. but to me the 80s seem like much simpler times long ago..compared to the hustle and fast paced virtual reality today. 

54 mins ago, capequahog said:

Where do you figure, the piece on Tupper rd beside the cc5 driveway ?

I think closer to the brewery, John. 

Word is, it will be within walking distance.  So…..I suspect they are talking maybe max…..a 10-15 minute walk.

Ya also gotta figure, some folks walking back to their vehicles will be lit up…..making long distance walking a tad difficult.  Also, it increases the likely hood of folks relieving themselves along the way.  Not good. So closer the better. 

Certainly though, north of Tupper Rd for sure.  Inside the gated Power Plant?  Still quite a hike to Treehouse, so I think not.

I’m leaning to some place along Freezer ….most likely though, along Gallo or Coast Guard.

Also, once fully operational I think you’ll see Treehouse customers told to access the brewery via Freezer and exit Treehouse via Town Neck Road.   Avoid potential traffic jams and accidents that way.

Those folks abutting Town Neck Rd from Coast Guard Rd to Treehouse will bear the brunt of the vehicular and foot traffic.  They’ll have it coming and going.