Sleep

Rate this topic

MitchellNJ

10 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

I’ve slept like crap since they changed my meds in January, even if I have nothing to drink after 5 pm..... I’m up at 11,12,1,2 to take a piss, I’m up and out the door at 3.  It’s definitely harder to get to sleep with the effing ticking, I have a sleep study scheduled for the end of the month.... I know I’ve got sleep apnea just never did the study, I’m hoping the c pap will get me a good nights rest for a change. 

It's a life changing piece of equipment!

17 hours ago, Chunkah said:

Sure, but the front end of the nights sleep is great. But it's like my body is like "okay, slept the booze off, now let's get going!" It's weird. 

If you think alcohol is wacky try some Kratom .

8 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

3 days max  or you start seeing weird stuff...

I remember taking an axe on a walk around 3 am of the fourth day because I was gonna kill that MFr making all that noise !!!

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

If you think alcohol is wacky try some Kratom .

I remember taking an axe on a walk around 3 am of the fourth day because I was gonna kill that MFr making all that noise !!!

4? thats a high recreational dose. 

Wait..What? Its Tuesday?

Just now, Fishing Pete said:

4? thats a high recreational dose. 

Wait..What? Its Tuesday?

Oh, it was recreational alright.. Me and a friend of mine got paid a debt with a bottle of about 20 black beauties when we were 16 . Impulse control is not well developed in 16 year old ass wholes :laugh:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

2 mins ago, Fishing Pete said:

Mitchel get a sleep study. Are you snoring a lot?

Oh yeah I'm good with sleep. Have one of those mouth guard appliance things for the apnea. I just think the overall concept is stupid. Every damn day the entire world goes to sleep. It's a really strange thing. I get your brain and body has to recharge and all but it's an odd biological requirement.

2 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

What's the deal with Kratom? I see signs for it in the smoke shop I frequent for my cigars.

It's a very interesting drug. It works on the same receptors as narcotic drugs and yet also has stimulant properties. At low levels it acts like a mild stimulant like a triple shot coffee drink. At higher doses it has analgesic effects like a narcotic. 

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

It's a very interesting drug. It works on the same receptors as narcotic drugs and yet also has stimulant properties. At low levels it acts like a mild stimulant like a triple shot coffee drink. At higher doses it has analgesic effects like a narcotic. 

And it's totally unregulated?

Just now, slicedcornbread said:

And it's totally unregulated?

Pretty much. You buy it in powdered form and the effect level for me was around 5 grams of powder that I mixed into coffee. I have also made a tincture (1 ml = 3 grams) . I have it in my closet :laugh: as well as about 5 ounces of the powder.

Just now, Brother Brian said:

Pretty much. You buy it in powdered form and the effect level for me was around 5 grams of powder that I mixed into coffee. I have also made a tincture (1 ml = 3 grams) . I have it in my closet :laugh: as well as about 5 ounces of the powder.

How has the FDA not dipped there grimy fingers on regulating this stuff? Seems like they get their hooks into everything else we consume. 

9 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Oh yeah I'm good with sleep. Have one of those mouth guard appliance things for the apnea. I just think the overall concept is stupid. Every damn day the entire world goes to sleep. It's a really strange thing. I get your brain and body has to recharge and all but it's an odd biological requirement.

Not really, mammals need sleep, all need it , you just can't run 24/7 , the body can't take it, and the mind also. It's curious how fish don't seem to need it, I don't think fish sleep, and I'm not really sure about birds either? 

Me, I love sleeping , but I have to get up and pee more now.