Sleep

Rate this topic

MitchellNJ

1 hour ago, Chunkah said:

Alcohol really messes with my sleep nowadays. If I imbibe fairly heavily I'll wake up ~3:30 am and just toss and turn until it's time to get up. When I don't drink, I sleep like a baby. And I've lost my ability to nap. :dismay:

Getting older sucks. A lot. 

Alcohol is a stimulant i heard once.

**** the U.N.

1 min ago, the3fishheads said:

Alcohol is a stimulant i heard once.

Sure, but the front end of the nights sleep is great. But it's like my body is like "okay, slept the booze off, now let's get going!" It's weird. 

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

If you really give it a thought, it's really a strange thing. I mean every damn day I get tired and have to go to bed. What the ****? It's really dumb. I'd rather just take a long nap on a Sunday and be done with it. Sleep is a mystery more important than gravity or flat earths.

the thing that scares me the most about going back to work is figuring out how i'm going to take a nap after lunch every day.

33 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

So you understand the phrase.  You have to drive because I was fishing all night.  

one night in ri, driving back to camp from beavertail light, i had to pull over and ask my buddy to drive. i was so tired, my eyes could not focus at all anymore. i was awake, way past tired awake, but i could no longer see straight. once i got in the passenger seat and didn't have to focus on the road, i think i lasted less than a minute.