li_bass_hunter

Tackle direct

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Purchased 2 rods from TD and both were packaged very well.....rods were perfect.  I see others have had issues but I've made many purchases from TD and all have been excellent. 

On 5/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, rst3 said:

Rods shipped from TD are fine.

..It's the rest of their tackle sales and shipping that have so infuriated me, I refuse to order from them ever again. And it takes A LOT, and I mean A LOT, to piss me off enough to blacklist a company.

What they do is list items as "in stock". So you go ahead and place the order for your in stock gear.

After you've paid, you get an email that says "half your items will not be shipped for 10 days." Ok. I guess that's fine. So 10 days go by.

Then 20.

Then 30.

Then 40.

No communication from the company. At all.

Should I cancel the order? Order from someone else? Who knows! 

The longest I waited for items listed as "in stock" at TD?

>> EIGHT MONTHS.

No bullsh¡t. I ordered one March, to get some items for a March trip to Florida. Well the trip came and went. Spring came and went.

Then Summer.

Then Fall.

Out of nowhere my gear shows up in late November. No email. Ever. Just showed up one day 6 or 7 months after I'd completely forgotten about it.

This same scam has happened over and over again. In stock for TD doesn't mean "in stock and ready to ship". They just want to get you to smash that purchase button. After that? It's Alice in Wonderland as far as service, communication, and when they actually ship half your items. 

I had similar experience a few times.  I think it is because they are waiting for products to be shipped from China. They should keep enough inventory if the items are listed for sale.  These days I just order directly from Ali Express.  Shipping time is long but shorter than TD's and the cost saving is huge, several times lower.

The key with Tackle Direct is ONLY order an item that shows live stock, if you do that it'll usually get shipped within a day. Never pre-order or order anything that has the "expected guestimates". 

5 hours ago, jk20a3 said:

The key with Tackle Direct is ONLY order an item that shows live stock, if you do that it'll usually get shipped within a day. Never pre-order or order anything that has the "expected guestimates". 

Far from the truth.  Just in the last two months they had to ship two times for a single order and the items were marked as in stock..

Two or three weeks ago they did not ship my order for eight days. When I called them they told me they have over a thousand orders that they need to fulfill and my order should be shipped today or tomorrow. Three days later I cancelled the order.

Wife has used them to order Christmas presents A LOT over the years.  Rods, dry tops, plugs, etc.  Never an issue.  Everything arrived on time, rods are well packed in super strong tubes.  Nothing negative to say about TD on any of the dozens of orders that have been placed from our home.  

I ordered a reel cover from tackledirect through eBay.  The projected delivery date has come and gone. No reel cover. No tracking data. 

I've emailed them 3 times. No response. I had message eBay to take action. eBay responded. 

Will update...