Tackle direct

Rate this topic

li_bass_hunter

I've ordered dozens of rods from them.  They come well packed in bubble wrap in a very heavy cardboard tube.  Unless they got run over by a truck, should be perfect. 

The only rods I've ever had packed in even heavier tubes were from Saltwater Edge.  Almost comically overkill.

Rods shipped from TD are fine.

..It's the rest of their tackle sales and shipping that have so infuriated me, I refuse to order from them ever again. And it takes A LOT, and I mean A LOT, to piss me off enough to blacklist a company.

What they do is list items as "in stock". So you go ahead and place the order for your in stock gear.

After you've paid, you get an email that says "half your items will not be shipped for 10 days." Ok. I guess that's fine. So 10 days go by.

Then 20.

Then 30.

Then 40.

No communication from the company. At all.

Should I cancel the order? Order from someone else? Who knows! 

The longest I waited for items listed as "in stock" at TD?

>> EIGHT MONTHS.

No bullsh¡t. I ordered one March, to get some items for a March trip to Florida. Well the trip came and went. Spring came and went.

Then Summer.

Then Fall.

Out of nowhere my gear shows up in late November. No email. Ever. Just showed up one day 6 or 7 months after I'd completely forgotten about it.

This same scam has happened over and over again. In stock for TD doesn't mean "in stock and ready to ship". They just want to get you to smash that purchase button. After that? It's Alice in Wonderland as far as service, communication, and when they actually ship half your items. 

Edited by rst3

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

53 mins ago, Sailah said:

I've ordered dozens of rods from them.  They come well packed in bubble wrap in a very heavy cardboard tube.  Unless they got run over by a truck, should be perfect. 

The only rods I've ever had packed in even heavier tubes were from Saltwater Edge.  Almost comically overkill.

I’ve never ordered from saltwater edge but visit their site frequently. Good to know

20 mins ago, rst3 said:

..It's the rest of their tackle sales and shipping that have so infuriated me, I refuse to order from them ever again. And it takes A LOT, and I mean A LOT, to piss me off enough to blacklist a company.

What they do is list items as "in stock". So you go ahead and place the order for your in stock gear.

After you've paid, you get an email that says "half your items will not be shipped for 10 days." Ok. I guess that's fine. So 10 days go by.

Then 20.

Then 30.

Then 40.

>> EIGHT MONTHS.

No bullsh¡t. I ordered one March, to get some items for a March trip to Florida. Well the trip came and went. Spring came and went.

Then Summer.

Then Fall.

Out of nowhere my gear shows up in late November. No email. Ever. Just showed up one day 6 or 7 months after I'd completely forgotten about it.

This same scam has happened over and over again. In stock for TD doesn't mean "in stock and ready to ship". They just want to get you to smash that purchase button. After that? It's Alice in Wonderland as far as service, communication, and when they actually ship half your items. 

I’ve heard the same horror stories. I’ve only ordered some tackle from them a couple times and it came in a few days

25 mins ago, rst3 said:

Then 20.

Then 30.

Then 40.

>> EIGHT MONTHS.

Then Summer.

Then Fall.

Been dealing with them for years. They are great. Yes they have there ups and downs but what company Doesn’t. 

It is listed pretty clear on there website. 
in stock at vendors With additional lead times. Then  in stock at tackledirect. Just have to make sure you choose in stock at TD. They do not charge you for out of stock items. Only for items that ship. Also have to remember they are at the mercy of the manufacture. The item you waited on for months must of been out of stock everywhere or you would of cancelled your order and ordered else where. LOL

Edited by Squid12

Bought two rods that I could not get locally one 7’6” and one 9’ both wrapped a bit in bubble wrap and shipped in tubes and arrived perfectly fine. Bought other smaller stuff at other times too and no issues at all. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

51 mins ago, rst3 said:

Then 20.

Then 30.

Then 40.

>> EIGHT MONTHS.

Then Summer.

Then Fall.

I had similar experience multiple time. I don’t order from them if I need the items at a certain date.

Their database is not up to date.

29 mins ago, Squid12 said:

Been dealing with them for years. They are great. Yes they have there ups and downs but what company Doesn’t. 

Saltwater Edge and most other stores I deal with...Never had the same delivery issues as I experienced with TD...

No issue with tackle direct so far, excellent service.

When we look back on our lives, our most precious commodity will have been time. Time shared with the ones we love. Don't wait for time to be convenient, find the time, make the time, for this is what you will cherish most.

1 hour ago, Squid12 said:

It is listed pretty clear on there website. 
in stock at vendors With additional lead times. Then  in stock at tackledirect. Just have to make sure you choose in stock at TD.

Fun fact: I can read.

My issue wasn't with items listed as in stock..but coming from vendors. It was with items listed as in stock-- at TD. 

For those who aren't familiar:

Screenshot_20210501-185324_Chrome.jpg.26fceae17679fe3ec333c4668a0c53b1.jpg

1 hour ago, Squid12 said:

The item you waited on for months must of been out of stock everywhere or you would of cancelled your order and ordered else where. LOL

Nyce one.

Ahh..where to begin?

Here's a little scenario to try and help you understand: I needed the gear for Florida. My annual trip. When it didn't come in time, I just let it ride because I wouldn't need it again for another year. Like if you lived in Montana, and ordered a beach umbrella for your yearly trip to Florida? It didn't come in time, but you'll probably use it next year. So you let the order hang. Then forget about it. Because it wasn't big money.

Bbbutt, wasn't it out of stock everywhere??

Nope.

Saw the very items I ordered jn a tackle shop late that spring. Which reminded me that I'd already ordered them.

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

Any rod I've received from TD has been flawless as well.  You can literally club a person to death with their cardboard rod shipping tubes...

And yes, if you were to face someone with a Saltwater Edge rod tube only armed with a TD rod tube, you'd lose, but it would be a Battle Royal!!

Edited by Roccus7

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

I’m aware of the TD horror stories people tell in places like this.

But, my personal experiences with them have all been great.

Good to great prices on quality gear, fast shipping and excellent customer service.

They get very high marks from me.