jjdbike

Sauce for Filet Mignon?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Any of you make a sauce for your steak, filet etc?

Im considering trying to make a bearnaise or a creamy horseradish sauce.

I wouldn’t normally do this but my wife loves filet. I think it’s kind on bland & want to kick up the flavor a but. It might also be good on the potato too.

What do you folks like? Recipes included please.

Thanks in advance.

JD

I like to grill a steak sometimes; then chill it, slice it, then serve with a horseraddish sauce.

2 tb mayo, 1 1/2 tb horseraddish, 1/4 tsp dijon, and some chopped chives if you like

ps. the sauce goes well with smoked fishes as well

6 mins ago, Vt coast said:

I like to grill a steak sometimes; then chill it, slice it, then serve with a horseraddish sauce.

2 tb mayo, 1 1/2 tb horseraddish, 1/4 tsp dijon, and some chopped chives if you like

ps. the sauce goes well with smoked fishes as well

Thanks!

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

I grilled some steaks last night and got this sauce a few days ago and put some in small pan to warm on the grill,  I hate to pour or dip Cold sauce on anything.  It's not really hot but the flavor is great dosen't over power. 

I'm going to Mix it with some mayonnaise when I grill some fish 

I don't know if you can find it any stores , I ordered it from there website they have a lot of other good stuff also 

20210417_111202.jpg

Edited by jolly mon

i love to make a peppercorn sauce minute, baste your filet mignon with fresh butter, crush garlic and thyme, when the butter start to brown add the cracked peppercorn, deglaze with armagnac or any brandy you like, add heavy cream, cook for 5 minutes, rectify seasoning, glaze your filet with it. 

Cut into 1/2 inch rounds, lay on an attractive platter, brush each slice with garlic butter then salt and pepper.

Any other sauces can go on the side. Yum, Yum.

I like to make  French au poivre sauce. It's pretty simple and easy. I don't have the recipe, I just go to the food network site and get the recipe whenever I want to make it.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, jjdbike said:

Hey folks,

Any of you make a sauce for your steak, filet etc?

Im considering trying to make a bearnaise or a creamy horseradish sauce.

I wouldn’t normally do this but my wife loves filet. I think it’s kind on bland & want to kick up the flavor a but. It might also be good on the potato too.

What do you folks like? Recipes included please.

Thanks in advance.

JD

make a simple Chimichurri

- handful of flat pasrely

- handful of cilantro

-Three or four cloves of raw garlic

- 2 to ratio of olive oil to red wine vinegar

- pinch of red pepper flakes

- pinch of sea salt

Put it into a food processor and process it lightly...I should be chunky not smooth.

Don't bother with those Bearnaise creamy heavy sauces.  Might as well just use butter of you want to go that way but this sauce is light, bright and healthy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just a. Simple mushroom sauce ,a few pieces of onion and fresh parsley...deglaze with some wine, cover and simmer ,add a little water or beef broth if to thin .....serve in a gravy bowl with a spoon .....accents the beef perfectly.....put some creamy horse radish in another bowl and every one will be happy...any left over meat reheat in the mushroom gravy...

Edited by Surf bomber