HugeDinghy

writing a eulogy

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Who’s going to deliver it? Kind of a strange angle. You write it, someone else delivers it? I actually never heard of that. It’s a personal thing. You have to sit down with whoever delivers it and write it together.

3 mins ago, Gloucester2 said:

And to clarify.      From everything I’ve seen you would be the ideal person to give it.   You speak of him in such high regard and reverence that I can’t imagine a better representative.   

thank you for that, but i honestly just speak of him how he was....

2 mins ago, MikeMc said:

So who is giving it, Brian? 

they are still trying to figure it out.

there's a side discussion.......what man would give but not write a eulogy? i could see farming content out because it will be better....but..

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

literally never done it or given it any thought and have, basically, two days.....

how long should it be, do you try and mix it up in terms of trying to make people cry and laugh...no jokes..etc?

im asking the basics and will have questions as we progress. 

(point of order, im not giving it, just asked to write it)

27 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

we talking ten minutes or a half hour?

i always wanted funerals to be quick. but, as we know, im a dick.....

Did it got my bil.  Had to go up with his 10 year old son while he gave his and then mine.  

Honor him with good stories that relate their character.   It should be personal stories.  Which makes it weird that you're not giving it.

1 min ago, JaseB said:

Did it got my bil.  Had to go up with his 10 year old son while he gave his and then mine.  

Honor him with good stories that relate their character.   It should be personal stories.  Which makes it weird that you're not giving it.

wow

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

they are still trying to figure it out.

there's a side discussion.......what man would give but not write a eulogy? i could see farming content out because it will be better....but..

Yeah, that is weird.

When my Wife did it for her Dad, the Priest said 5 minutes only is allowed, & when she went past the 5 minute mark they started to ring the bells to stop her without success. I hear now that the Diocese of Trenton does not allow any  eulogy in the Church, must be done in Funeral Home prior to Church.  Might want to check with Funeral Home Director about time limits etc.

I've done 3..  hardest was my Dad's.. broke down.. but recovered and told some funny stories.  Everyone wants to try to be happy at a ****** event.  ~10 minutes for my Grandmother and friend and about ~15 for my Dad... 

1 hour ago, RU fishin' said:

When my Wife did it for her Dad, the Priest said 5 minutes only is allowed, & when she went past the 5 minute mark they started to ring the bells to stop her without success. I hear now that the Diocese of Trenton does not allow any  eulogy in the Church, must be done in Funeral Home prior to Church.  Might want to check with Funeral Home Director about time limits etc.

Score another one for the Catholic clergy. :dismay: