bob_G

12:41pm our first

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, KidDkivahh said:

Got my first one on the 28th got a couple of lousy pics in the rain yesterday.IMG_4339.JPG.318bb85f7789e20829fd62bee5bbc2f6.JPGIMG_4343.JPG.06f98cabcbf264a3d80842d2dab94215.JPGIMG_4341.JPG.b6fa747cc0329d5acd48eb6bdf87afc1.JPG

What are the carabiners for, balance?

Edited by bob_G

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

What are the carabineers for, balance?

These feeders are awful they won't hang level thus I have to level them all the time. I wouldn't use them but they're very easy to maintain and keep mold free . Plus they hold a lot of nectar which comes in handy when I have a pile of birds pile in . 

Just getting started this year, new home, planted a bunch of wildflowers and such. (Ignore the grass, or lack of)
My wife and I went to Jamaica and instead of the falls or a weed tour, we went to a hummingbird sanctuary and love the little things. They would land on your finger and drink from nip bottles

0017CFCD-8BA1-4AC1-A07B-091072E6AF24.jpeg

Just out the back yard having coffee with my wife, pretty cool watching the little guy handle all this breeze like it's nothing. 

First one yesterday .

About a mile in the woods feeding on crab-apple blossoms :th:

All the birds are flooding in now, we saw 51 different species in about a 3 mile hike yesterday, next week we should get well into the 60's.

The next 2 weeks are the best bird weeks of the year, take your binoculars and have a look past the feeders into the trees and bushes.....you'll be surprised what you see. :)

no lie: when it was that freak of a cold spell here in San Antonio (8 degrees) we had several show up trying to get the frozen mixture.  Had to keep thawing new juice to put out for them.  They must have gotten misrouted or were late heading to Mexico.  They've been back here now in full force for over a month.  

Had our first on Wednesday around 2 PM.   A small male that seems cold.  He has stuck around since then,  has been hiding out low in rhodo bush and even took shelter in the garage at one point lol. 

Is it taking it too far if i set the Mr. Buddy up for him, lol?

18 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Got my first one on the 28th got a couple of lousy pics in the rain yesterday.IMG_4339.JPG.318bb85f7789e20829fd62bee5bbc2f6.JPG

Kid,

Are those rain shields above the feeder of do they serve some other purpose (ant or bee protection)?

Yesterday had the male humminbird at the feeders in front of the house and a big tom strutting behind the house at the same time.  Pretty cool to be able to see the biggest and smallest wild birds at the same time.