Kooky

Let the idiot show begin

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, dickd said:

No problem; the rant was justified. Isn’t it irritating to see these clowns harm fish?

Its the cluelessness and total lack of caring that irritates me.  Everyone is new at some point, and make mistakes i know i did.  But the unwillingness to take advice from others like they know everything and lack of caring how they affect others is what really gets to me.  I am happy to help out someone who is trying and observing, but plowing in and screwing it up for others and trying to keep clear shorts i have NO patience for.

Yes, rant definitely justified. No better here in MA.I’ve seen people who keep everything they hook. I bet if you were not there it would have ended up in the trunk. 

40 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

we get a double whammy, the average fisherman is a scumbag and the average RI'r is trash. 

True story

You forgot the end of your story that you woke up from your dream. There are no fish in RI.

Good for you for getting out, big tide, high tide at 9/10, and storm coming in, definitely kicking myself for not getting out to at least try for some squid.

5 hours ago, Kooky said:

Its the cluelessness and total lack of caring that irritates me.  Everyone is new at some point, and make mistakes i know i did.  But the unwillingness to take advice from others like they know everything and lack of caring how they affect others is what really gets to me.  I am happy to help out someone who is trying and observing, but plowing in and screwing it up for others and trying to keep clear shorts i have NO patience for.

It’s amazing how unprepared people are. The amount of people that go out fishing with no pliers, knife, tape measure, etc. is ridiculous. People also have no plan for how they will actually land/release a fish from some of the places they fish. 

While in the back of moco yesterday am to town cops walked on to the   beach  unfortunately there was no fish to be had but was hoping some mental might would get caught with short fish ...cops seemed pleasant wal k ed to the tributary and walked back....good to see them out and about

9 hours ago, Kooky said:

Fished an easy access spot after dark, just didnt have the motivation after work and coaching baseball to venture too much.  Not much going on, but i should have known easy access = frustration w other people.  Someone up stream from me catches a fish using a freshwater rod and cannot get the fish in against the current. So now i am waiting while this person cannot budge the fish, calling for his buddy like he has a monster. Finally gets it in and it is a whopping 23" fish, that took 5 min to reel in. Then posses for 20 selfies, and asks who has a tape as he thinks its a keeper.  Fish has now been out of water for awhile, so now i get involved to inform him it is NO WHERE near keeper but he disagrees. Needed to show him mark on my pole and he was still reluctant. Its not even May and it begins.................... Sorry for rant but maybe we need a thread for these types of scenarios to not clog up other threads.

I've never caught a keeper in that town. Maybe I should use a freshwater rod. 

25 mins ago, UPSmanMatt said:

I've never caught a keeper in that town. Maybe I should use a freshwater rod. 

I’m guessing you would have smoked this fish on one of your freshwater set ups.

Edited by Kooky