NJTramcar

Plano tray storage - what do you use?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Italianbuca said:

Loading pics from my phone so hopefully the images aren't huge/distorted. 

Still room to fit a couple more stacked with the lid locked. System works great for me. I bounce around the cape and to the vineyard so it's easy to grab and go from my house then pick out what I need for my bag for the day.

Although at the rate I'm going purchasing plugs I'm going to need another box haha. 

20210428_175909.jpg

20210428_175918.jpg

20210428_175932.jpg

20210428_175948.jpg

Nicely organized!  I need to do this badly.  I have crap strewn everywhere. 

1 hour ago, PSegnatelli said:

Nicely organized!  I need to do this badly.  I have crap strewn everywhere. 

thank you. i'm weird in that some parts of my life I am a neat freak and need to write lists and stay on top of things, an other parts of my life i have no issue with the chaos of just tossing stuff aside and digging out what i need to haha. 

I just bounce around so much with having family all over the cape its nice to just grab the bin and go, and then pull out what I specifically need when I get there to put in my surf bag. 

the biggest downside to the plano boxes is that you can't just rinse out everything as is and close the lid, so whenever I fish or when I'm done with the weekend trip that I am on, I give everything a good rinsing with freshwater, and let the plugs I used hang dry, then once dry I'll put back in the plano boxes and put everything away. So it does get a bit time consuming. 

the milk crate method is a a faster method since you can stand up tubes (even gutter downspouts) in the milkcrate, hose everything off, and it will dry off on its own since everything is in the open. no need to worry about trapped moisture. 

pros and cons to everything. 

54 mins ago, Italianbuca said:

thank you. i'm weird in that some parts of my life I am a neat freak and need to write lists and stay on top of things, an other parts of my life i have no issue with the chaos of just tossing stuff aside and digging out what i need to haha. 

I just bounce around so much with having family all over the cape its nice to just grab the bin and go, and then pull out what I specifically need when I get there to put in my surf bag. 

the biggest downside to the plano boxes is that you can't just rinse out everything as is and close the lid, so whenever I fish or when I'm done with the weekend trip that I am on, I give everything a good rinsing with freshwater, and let the plugs I used hang dry, then once dry I'll put back in the plano boxes and put everything away. So it does get a bit time consuming. 

the milk crate method is a a faster method since you can stand up tubes (even gutter downspouts) in the milkcrate, hose everything off, and it will dry off on its own since everything is in the open. no need to worry about trapped moisture. 

I don't use alot of plugs. Mainly metal, jigs & bait.  

But my workbench is chaotic. Packs of beads, swivels, snaps, hooks & lead chunks everywhere!  

But it's part of my brain dysfunction. I start stuff, get sidetracked, start something else, never put back what I took out. Just push it aside.   I can't focus on multiple things. I have to get back to doing one thing perfectly, then going on to the next. 

So I'm trying to get everything in order. Hopefully.  

18 hours ago, Mangomania said:

Picture isn't the best . .. 3600 size boxes

WIN_20210428_14_17_03_Pro (2).jpg

That's awesome!!

I went with egg crates.  And instead of the shelves that come with it.

I swapped them out to pull out wire shelves from the restaraunt supply store and they pull out a foot or so which allows for easy access

Bottome 2 shelves on each 4'x 7' wire shelf gets the pull outs....so 4 pull outs (think it cost 200$ shipped for the shelves.

1 hour ago, wingsandwater said:

Milk crates.  Lay em on their side if you prefer. 

What size plano fits best in standard size crates?

19 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

What size plano fits best in standard size crates?

3600 (top) ideally but a 3700 (bottom) will fit if you flip em.  You used to be be able to find these everywhere.  They seem harder to find, not sure if it's covid/supply chain related.

20210429_114936.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-115428_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, wingsandwater said:

3600 (top) ideally but a 3700 (bottom) will fit if you flip em.  You used to be be able to find these everywhere.  They seem harder to find, not sure if it's covid/supply chain related.

20210429_114936.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-115428_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the pic and reply. That's just what I needed. 

:howdy:

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 hours ago, Italianbuca said:

Still room to fit a couple more stacked with the lid locked. System works great for me. I bounce around the cape and to the vineyard so it's easy to grab and go from my house then pick out what I need for my bag for the day.

Although at the rate I'm going purchasing plugs I'm going to need another box haha. 

20210428_175909.jpg

20210428_175918.jpg

20210428_175932.jpg

20210428_175948.jpg

Great idea!

I just ordered from Amazon. 

I don't know how long it will last but it is on sale.

40% off!

Edited by NJTramcar

On 4/28/2021 at 8:46 PM, Italianbuca said:

20210428_175909.jpg

20210428_175918.jpg

20210428_175932.jpg

20210428_175948.jpg

What is the clear inside dimension width wise?

2 hours ago, RL Bucktails said:

What is the clear inside dimension width wise?

The photo of the tag on the bin has the interior interior exterior dimensions. But the boxes fit just inside with a touch of room on each side so they aren't loose sliding back and fourth. Good fitment. 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:10 AM, Italianbuca said:

I hear ya about the time it takes to rinse dry and pack back into the boxes. What I did is I took an older box and drilled a bunch of holes into it.  I bring it with me and any used plugs go in there for a rinse after i'm done.  Keeps the clean plugs from rusting too