Mr. Bigdeal

Gun buy............

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Used to love looking at those ads in American Rifleman back then.

Mail order to boot.

I should have saved my allowance and had my father buy some of those Lugers for me.

I spent many days looking at adds like that as a little kid in the 60's at my grandfathers house , Dreaming of the day when I could have my own .

2 hours ago, jolly mon said:

I spent many days looking at adds like that as a little kid in the 60's at my grandfathers house , Dreaming of the day when I could have my own .

me to,only it was the early 70's for me.as a 7-8 year old i can remember going to the dept.store with my mom and going right to the buck knife display case thinking ...someday. not a care in the world at that age.

2 hours ago, big popper said:

me to,only it was the early 70's for me.as a 7-8 year old i can remember going to the dept.store with my mom and going right to the buck knife display case thinking ...someday. not a care in the world at that age.

Those were the days , 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, big popper said:

On 4/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, jolly mon said:

Those were the days , 

U guys know you can still do that right now.  

My grandfather brought one(luger) back from the war. The story goes he got it off a dead German. My grandfather was the youngest of 11.  Apparently one of his older brothers sold it for a small fortune in the 50s.  No idea of value back then but I know they never spoke again after that.  By the time I was born (74) all his siblings but one were dead and gone.  Wish I knew more about it but that's the story I got from my dad who has also since passed on.  

On 4/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, big popper said:

I got my first Buck Knife, a 301, from that display in 1972, Christmas gift from my Grandma, I was in high school.  Bought my second, a Buck 105, while in the Army at the APG MD in 1976.  In the last 35 years I have gotten carried away buying up all the old Buck's, Browning's, and Winchesters I wanted as a teenager.  1960's catalog page and display case and some of my Buck's. OH

1970 Buck Display.jpg

Buck 100 series poster.jpg

Buck Hunting Knives_opt.jpg