Stopsign32v

Needing a really good 2 piece 7'6 spinning rod, HELP!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

1 min ago, jw said:

imho ( the only rod I would buy) is a star rod , 7 1/2 ft 3/8 -2 oz very sensitive tip and the lower 2/3 has balls and it dose come in a 2 piece price 79.00 - 124.00
I have lobed 2 lb bunker , thrown up to 4 oz plugs and landed bass up to 52 lb from a boat
this is the rod for you !

your welcome

Are you talking about the surf rod that was listed above?

On 4/28/2021 at 10:16 AM, Stopsign32v said:

That is a surf rod and the lure weight rating seems to be 1-1 1/2oz.

I'm wanting something that will be good for 1/8oz swimbaits up to maybe 1/2oz. Seems 7' might be as big as I can go.

As BOGEY stated, You want the St Croix Premier.The model# is PS76MLF2  .It’s rated 1/8 to 1/2 lure weight.Super light and strong rod.They’re in stock at TD in E.H.T NJ.They have a great shipping turnaround also or you can go there if you live near South Jersey. EA

I was searching for the same size rod a few years ago for Steelhead fishing and there really isn't alot out there to choose from. I ended up with the St Croix Avid 7 1/2' ML 2 pc and I am very pleased with it. I pretty much use it for throwing 3/8 - 3/4 oz lures only and it does the job well. It casts great and handles large angry fish no problem. Also has a good solid cork handle as I don't really like the segmented handles.