Needing a really good 2 piece 7'6 spinning rod, HELP!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

Stopsign32v

32 mins ago, Sobe1knobe said:

St. Croix Tide Master

Tidemasters are no longer made, they never made a two piece, they made three piece travel rods which were very good some might still be around at tackle shops. St Croix was supposed to be making Avid freshwater travel rods you might look into those. I think 7.5 2 pc might be be tough to find. I see St Croix Premier in that size but only in fresh water M and ML power.

There are plenty of 8 ft 2 piece rods  around.

Edited by Bogey

Since I travel a lot I’m always looking for nice 2 piece spinning and casting rods. The pickings are slim. St. Croix Premier or Triumph. Bass Pro/Cabelas have many in their house brands. The easiest thing (with most options) would be to move up to 8.5 ft. Salmon/Steelhead rods which there are numerous 2 piece cork handle etc. 

4 mins ago, hookmeup said:

The two piece is not lite, it is medium. Search for SG1020S76

That is a surf rod and the lure weight rating seems to be 1-1 1/2oz.

I'm wanting something that will be good for 1/8oz swimbaits up to maybe 1/2oz. Seems 7' might be as big as I can go.

Edited by Stopsign32v

26 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

I'm wanting something that will be good for 1/8oz swimbaits up to maybe 1/2oz. Seems 7' might be as big as I can go.

1/8oz to 1/2oz is a pretty broad range.

Look up the Shimano Dialuna.

You have to purchase it from Japan, but depending on the seller you will have the rod on your door step in 3 to 4 days.

1 hour ago, Stopsign32v said:

1 hour ago, Stopsign32v said:

If you want something that light look at StCroix Premium they have two 7.5 ft 2 piece   That might be what you’re looking for. These are freshwater rods but they should be OK in the salt. I I have one for at least 10 yrs and the guides look brand new with just moderate care.

imho ( the only rod I would buy) is a star rod , 7 1/2 ft 3/8 -2 oz very sensitive tip and the lower 2/3 has balls and it dose come in a 2 piece price 79.00 - 124.00
I have lobed 2 lb bunker , thrown up to 4 oz plugs and landed bass up to 52 lb from a boat
this is the rod for you !

your welcome