Eagles Dare

"Protected by DCR"

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

25 mins ago, bob_G said:

The gates are now open.  However apparently the DCR has a park ranger stationed to enforce the new regs.  As I mentioned earlier, my buddy and his son were running their dogs there yesterday.  As they walked to the river to water the dogs, one of the new rangers was apparently watching the whole time.  He came flying down the hill to inform them neither he, his son, nor any of the dogs could go within 125' of the water.  The fact that there are easily a dozen beaver dens within a 1/4 mile didn't compute.  Apparently beavers are much cleaner than fully vaccinated, well care for bird dogs.

Can you tell the rangers to pound sand? 

12 mins ago, gray gables said:

Can you tell the rangers to pound sand? 

I suppose.but you'd be venting on the wrong guy.   He's just a new guy doing his job.   It's his boss that needs a talking to.

My guess is just like every other nice spot out in nature the Internet has increased the numbers using said spot 10 fold. Thus increasing those who do the wrong thing 10 fold. Enough misuse of these spots and the man steps in and shuts it down. Not surprised in the least. 

1 hour ago, Tailslap said:

My guess is just like every other nice spot out in nature the Internet has increased the numbers using said spot 10 fold. Thus increasing those who do the wrong thing 10 fold. Enough misuse of these spots and the man steps in and shuts it down. Not surprised in the least. 

You blame the internet for everything. Do you really think the internet is the reason people are walking their dogs or anyone is spot burning dog walking trails. Get a life. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 mins ago, z-man said:

You blame the internet for everything. Do you really think the internet is the reason people are walking their dogs or anyone is spot burning dog walking trails. Get a life. 

Get a life? Get a clue. It is just math. Everyone shares everything on social media . Of course new people will learn new spots to hike or walk their dogs due to others posting online. Word of mouth used to expose nature places at a snails pace compared to today’s social media. Are you for real? Talk about clueless. 

Edited by Tailslap

9 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Get a life? Get a clue. It is just math. Everyone shares everything on social media . Of course new people will learn new spots to hike or walk their dogs due to others posting online. Word of mouth used to expose nature places at a snails pace compared to today’s social media. Are you for real? Talk about clueless. 

Could you please name one social media site that features places to walk your dog?  www.walkyourfourleggedfriendinmassachusetts.com

Edited by bob_G

2 mins ago, Tailslap said:

I belong to a local FB group called "(my town) trails".

Last week, a woman that was moving away made a post where she "just wanted to share the best trails for dogs". She went on at length listing pretty much every tiny, hidden, well kept secret spots, in great detail. She listed all the parking spots. She listed numerous fragile vernal pools as swimming spots for dogs. Many home to rare and protected species. 

She listed the best places to let dogs run free despite the "leash only" regs.

Many were places I used to hike and not see another person.

The post was shared by dozens of people. 

I have seen online articles from local newspapers that name the best dog walking spots.

Dog walkers come to my town from cities miles away because of those types of posts.

We get professional dog walkers from all over bringing in 6 dogs at a time. They all network online and share spots.

Yeah, the internet 100% is a big part of the problem. 

32 mins ago, bob_G said:

Could you please name one social media site that features places to walk your dog?  www.walkyourfourleggedfriendinmassachusetts.com

Ahhh. FB and Instagram. Are you guys this out of touch? Every town everywhere has a FB page or 10 dedicated to places to go and things to do in said town. I have seen hundreds of hiking/walking trails being posted on FB or Instagram over the last few years. This is what people do Bob. Post where they are at all moments. Thought you would be aware of this. 

Edited by Tailslap

13 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Maybe the people just live in the town where they walk their dogs and know where the park is. I have never once googled a place to walk my dog. Why do you even use the internet if you hate it so much? Why are you here on this website?

9 mins ago, z-man said:

Maybe the people just live in the town where they walk their dogs and know where the park is. I have never once googled a place to walk my dog. Why do you even use the internet if you hate it so much? Why are you here on this website?

Yes some of the people live in the town but many more do not. I don’t hate the Internet. I am just aware of what all the sharing of information has done to nature spots of all kinds. Spots that were never intended to handle a ton of people have been swarmed with many more than they used too. Again. It is just math. 10 parking spots sued to be enough. Now it isn’t so people park out of bounds and neighbors take notice. That is just one issue causing access problems. People also seem to be littering more. I have been out there many years and definitely notice more trash poop bags etc. You should think things through a bit better than  saying you hate the Internet and should leave. You sound foolish. 

Edited by Tailslap

17 mins ago, bob_G said:

Google "places to walk dogs near me".

There's an endless list.

3 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Yes some of the people live in the town but many more do not. I don’t hate the Internet. I am just aware of what all the sharing of information has done to nature spots of all kinds. Spots that were never intended to handle a ton of people have been swarmed with many more than they used too. Again. It is just math. 10 parking spots sued to be enough. Now it isn’t so people park out of bounds and neighbors take notice. That is just one issue causing access problems. People also seem to be littering more. I have been out there many years and definitely notice more trash poop bags etc. You should think things through a bit better than  saying you hate the Internet and should leave. You sound foolish. 

I sound foolish? You have been on SOL for years complaining about the internet. Anyone that’s been here for awhile knows that’s what you do. 

3 mins ago, z-man said:

I sound foolish? You have been on SOL for years complaining about the internet. Anyone that’s been here for awhile knows that’s what you do. 

Everything I said would come true about sharing info online came true. I was absolutely proven correct. Man. You keep digging yourself deeper. Keep going. Please. :laugh:

Edited by Tailslap

Just now, Tailslap said:

Everything I said would come true about sharing info online came true. I was absolutely proven correct. Man. You keep digging yourself deeper. Keep going. Please. 

You’re a modern day Nostradamus.