thaistick

100lbs tarpon 25 mph

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I have not really put the time in for Tarpon since Covid, but when I did It seems I was always bringing wind with me, I have the Belgian cast down right ! !   Yes being tied up was the way for me the last few times out waiting for them in the lane , Its good to see your posts as it keep me wanting , I'll be back at it very soon , Thanks for sharing & keep them coming   

Congrats. Great pictures too. Starting to see them in the Indian river near me, probably residents but I’m still game. Haven’t hooked one yet this year but .....

4 hours ago, aneary said:

Congrats. Great pictures too. Starting to see them in the Indian river near me, probably residents but I’m still game. Haven’t hooked one yet this year but .....

Lucky you Wish I had them in my backyard .

Sweet.  Thx.  I am missing my semiannual trips to the tropics right now and have enjoyed your reports/photos.

8 mins ago, thaistick said:

Thx...miami

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, Sngl2th said:

what exactly is a lane? how do you know where they might go on open water?

Best analogy I  can give you is lets say you are kayaking and there lots of structures big bolders and sand bars depending on the tide and current you will try to navigate the least resistance route "safe zone" this zone is where we want to be to intercept them , ocean swimming poons coming in or out of the flats ,base on those info we'll try to make a edjamacated guess not always 100% but most experienced poon guides have a 80 to 90% success rate.

Edited by thaistick