mike07gsxr

Crown fried chicken

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2021 at 10:23 PM, mike07gsxr said:

Whats with the crown fried chicken they put on rt 36? I thought crown fried chicken joints were only in the hood. Newark, Trenton ect. 

There are no Crowns in Trenton.  In  fact,  the one furthest south is that new one on 36....

South Plainfield definitely is "the hood."  Recently a place opened up in the hood of Middlesex called "New York Chicken and Grill" that is owned by the same people as Crown.  The Gyros are pretty good....

51 mins ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

There are no Crowns in Trenton.  In  fact,  the one furthest south is that new one on 36....

South Plainfield definitely is "the hood."  Recently a place opened up in the hood of Middlesex called "New York Chicken and Grill" that is owned by the same people as Crown.  The Gyros are pretty good....

Plainfield is ghetto.  South plainfield and north plainfield arent too bad.

Used to fish the jetties in AC a lot and would hit Crown up when we were waiting for the tides to switch.  Ah the memories 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:53 AM, BobBass said:

You guys have never been drunk at 1am in the depths of dive bar philadelphia, when the Crown Fried Chicken store cuts through the drunken fog like a beacon on a rocky shore? You know it’s a bad idea but you can’t control your feet. It’s as some semi burnt, saturated bird lifts you on its wings and holds you up as you stumble into the door. 
you don’t remember looking for traffic when you crossed the street...why did the chicken cross the road indeed, doesn’t matter, the chicken brought you safely here. 
You sit on the city curb and stare at the dismembered animal before you. You devour the marshmallow texture flesh to the bone. Where did the bones go? You dont remember putting them in a trashcan, there’s one in your pocket.

You stumble in the direction you think is home, not feeling hungry but also not really satisfied, and somewhat sad about your fall into crispy temptation. 
congratulations, you’ve earned your Crown my prince. 

The answer in that situation was ALWAYS White Castle!  Chicken on the bone requires too much thinking, little square burgers from Le Fortress Blanc can simply be inhaled.

Just now, gellfex said:

The answer in that situation was ALWAYS White Castle!  Chicken on the bone requires too much thinking, little square burgers from Le Fortress Blanc can simply be inhaled.

They didn’t have White Castle in my hood when I lived in philly : ( 

1 min ago, BobBass said:

They didn’t have White Castle in my hood when I lived in philly : ( 

That's so sad. My Boyo stomping grounds were Queens and Nassau County. Irish bars with draft Guinness and White Castles are a basic human right.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:23 PM, mike07gsxr said:

Whats with the crown fried chicken they put on rt 36? I thought crown fried chicken joints were only in the hood. Newark, Trenton ect. 

Drive in a couple blocks

I'm originally from Lincroft/Middletown. I hadn't been down on 36 in probably a year or so, until this weekend to go fishing with my old buddies out of Keansburg. I noticed the popeyes, and crown chicken. I asked my friends how's the crown chicken, they laughed, told me avoid that place. I was sad to see Stewarts gone, luckily I have a Stewarts down the road from me in South Jersey. 

Only a handful of Stewarts still opened compared to what used to be.

The one on 37 just before the bridge closed and a 7-11 opened in its place.  Makes you wanna vomit in your mouth.  And now the 7-11 is gone.