mike07gsxr

Crown fried chicken

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SB59 said:

Jeez, an honest man. 

I live around the corner not keansburg. No junkies and hookers wondering around in my neighborhood.North Middletown on the wet side where you live is keansburg I agree with you on that.

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, JWM said:

I live around the corner not keansburg. No junkies and hookers wondering around in my neighborhood.North Middletown on the wet side where you live is keansburg I agree with you on that.

Crown fried chicken literally backs up to a trailer park and its neighbor is a strip club.

And for the record I’m not on the wet side. A lot of north Middletown was east keansburg up until the 80s, most of my neighbors have been here since then...so I’m gonna call it keansburg.

Edited by bbfish

Maybe the hood is coming to the Bayshore and you aren't aware of these upcoming changes. No mo' Jims Burger haven but Crown Chicken is movin' in. 

Down in the south country, Pt. Pleasant, we are getting a Royal Farms in Brick, some of the best fried chicken anywhere, hood or not.

1 hour ago, Highlander1 said:

Maybe the hood is coming to the Bayshore and you aren't aware of these upcoming changes. No mo' Jims Burger haven but Crown Chicken is movin' in. 

Down in the south country, Pt. Pleasant, we are getting a Royal Farms in Brick, some of the best fried chicken anywhere, hood or not.

Born and raised in Hazlet. No area of Hazlet is even close to the same as keansburg. Take a ride educate yourself.

6 mins ago, JWM said:

Born and raised in Hazlet. No area of Hazlet is even close to the same as keansburg. Take a ride educate yourself.

Very familiar with Hazlet and the whole Bayshore area, your post stated Rt.36, not specifically Hazlet.

I do realize that Hazlet and Keansburg are different, so are Hazlet and Holmdel, and they are neighbors. I never mentioned Keansburg, why do you think I don't know the difference? Point is, Crown Chicken is known as being in urban areas for the most part, unusual for them to open in the Bayshore, now we know its Hazlet, still the Bayshore. Bottom line is your getting a chicken joint, my last experiences with fried chicken spots in your area was the Chicken Coup in Keyport which was very good and Keyport Fishery is legend. And yes, Keyport is not Hazlet either. 

25 mins ago, Highlander1 said:

Very familiar with Hazlet and the whole Bayshore area, your post stated Rt.36, not specifically Hazlet.

I do realize that Hazlet and Keansburg are different, so are Hazlet and Holmdel, and they are neighbors. I never mentioned Keansburg, why do you think I don't know the difference? Point is, Crown Chicken is known as being in urban areas for the most part, unusual for them to open in the Bayshore, now we know its Hazlet, still the Bayshore. Bottom line is your getting a chicken joint, my last experiences with fried chicken spots in your area was the Chicken Coup in Keyport which was very good and Keyport Fishery is legend. And yes, Keyport is not Hazlet either. 

Why do you have to bring up Chicken coup. Lol I miss that place.. Never heard of Crown chicken before they opened honestly. Does look ghetto probably won’t last. Do you remember the Bar H ?

On 4/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, Highlander1 said:

I played softball for the chicken coop. They did have good chicken.I grew up in the burg and Im glad I did. Nuff said.

Down south they sell fried chicken in all the Royal Farms gas stations and it’s great. I for one would welcome the fried chicken selling chain gas stations as our new overlords.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, Highlander1 said:

Please don’t mention my Holmdel in the same post as hazlet and Keyport and Keansburg.

Edit: jk... don’t live in holmdel.

Edited by Lagerhead

I grew up in hazlet closer to holmdel but still within biking distance to the crown chicken. Used to ride bikes to the floodgate and natco lake.  Catch fish then stop at stewarts for a california burger and rootbeer then loiter around bar H and try to sneak peeks when the doors would open and close.  Im also old enough to remember the Farm Barn.