mike07gsxr

Crown fried chicken

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, mike07gsxr said:

Whats with the crown fried chicken they put on rt 36? I thought crown fried chicken joints were only in the hood. Newark, Trenton ect. 

I live around the corner from it so gave it a go the other night.  I had high hopes of a ghetto fried chicken place being good, chicken and sides were meh.  The beef patty was pretty good, pretty much an empanada.

And to be fair, keansburg is about as ghetto as it gets in northern monmouth county.

Edited by bbfish

On 4/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, bbfish said:

I live around the corner from it so gave it a go the other night.  I had high hopes of a ghetto fried chicken place being good, chicken and sides were meh.  The beef patty was pretty good, pretty much an empanada.

And to be fair, keansburg is about as ghetto as it gets in northern monmouth county.

Had high hopes as well.. Not going to waste the calories if not good.  

You guys have never been drunk at 1am in the depths of dive bar philadelphia, when the Crown Fried Chicken store cuts through the drunken fog like a beacon on a rocky shore? You know it’s a bad idea but you can’t control your feet. It’s as some semi burnt, saturated bird lifts you on its wings and holds you up as you stumble into the door. 
you don’t remember looking for traffic when you crossed the street...why did the chicken cross the road indeed, doesn’t matter, the chicken brought you safely here. 
You sit on the city curb and stare at the dismembered animal before you. You devour the marshmallow texture flesh to the bone. Where did the bones go? You dont remember putting them in a trashcan, there’s one in your pocket.

You stumble in the direction you think is home, not feeling hungry but also not really satisfied, and somewhat sad about your fall into crispy temptation. 
congratulations, you’ve earned your Crown my prince. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, bbfish said:

And to be fair, keansburg is about as ghetto as it gets in northern monmouth county

That's Hazlet. Just look for the cops at the jug handle.

Edited by SB59

7 mins ago, SB59 said:

That's Hazlet. Just look for the cops at the jug handle.

Listen I live in north Middletown.  Both that section of hazlet and where I live are Keansburg.

34 mins ago, bbfish said:

Listen I live in north Middletown.  Both that section of hazlet and where I live are Keansburg.

Jeez, an honest man.