Whiskey in your coffee

Rate this topic

Sparky

1 min ago, mwhitt80 said:

It was a college staple.

Morning classes I would add some whiskey to my travel mug, walk to campus, drop in the dining hall, top off with coffee and head to class.

If it was an evening class I would fill up a nalgene bottle with cold beer, walk to campus then sit in the back of class having nice cold one.

That's what college is all about!! Not this sitting at home learning ****! How do you experience college from your bedroom??!! 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I went to the University of Georgia, and I might not have been the best student. I knew that I needed to live walking distance from campus and stay on the meal plan. UGA had legit good cafeterias, some of the best in the country (including ivey league and private schools). Eat well, carry a little something in your cup, and walk. I lost 30 lbs my first semester at uga from walking everywhere.

UGA was fun, but my two years at community college before I went off to uga were a learning lesson. This was right at the tail end of being able to transfer into your major at uga

I went to this small community college that was 1/3 adults going back to school, 1/3 people doing their first two years before transferring (me), and 1/3 people just there to get pele grant (back before the changes to try to curb abuse).

I had a part time job in the day and took night classes. The classes would have 15 minute breaks, and we would walk to the parking lot to tailgate. Those were good times.

Want some whiskey in your water?
Sugar in your tea?
What's all these crazy questions they're askin' me?

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood