bob_G

RI squid run

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, Wfmdfm1 said:

With all the fancy LED lights now you would think they could leave the generators at home.

I bought a light this winter.  

Tried it on my car jumper. Nearly 4hours on a battery pack the size of a cell phone.  

 

Zero heat anywhere but at the bulbs.    Bright AF too!

Total setup is well under 3lbs. 

20210223_112307.jpg

20210223_112235_HDR.jpg

 

I'll be trying soon.  

Edited by PSegnatelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

I bought a light this winter.  

Tried it on my car jumper. Nearly 4hours on a battery pack the size of a cell phone.  

 

Zero heat anywhere but at the bulbs.    Bright AF too!

Total setup is well under 3lbs. 

20210223_112307.jpg

20210223_112235_HDR.jpg

 

I'll be trying soon.  

What size battery is that? 20,000mAh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

What size battery is that? 20,000mAh?

I think so.  Not sure.  I bought it last winter for my car.  $30+/- I'm rather impressed by this little thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting stuff.  I had no idea catching the lowly squid required such technology.

When I was a kid, I simply went to the Sandwich bulkhead.  Armed with a spinning rod, and a homemade jig made from a wooden dowel and painted while. Stood under a light, and filled a 5 gallon bucket.  Most nights alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, bob_G said:

Interesting stuff.  I had no idea catching the lowly squid required such technology.

When I was a kid, I simply went to the Sandwich bulkhead.  Armed with a spinning rod, and a homemade jig made from a wooden dowel and painted while. Stood under a light, and filled a 5 gallon bucket.  Most nights alone.

So stuff with Italian bread crumbs and cheese put a toothpick in the end and right in the pot of gravy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those submersible green led lights don't work at all. I catch less with the green light than without it. halogen cannot be beat hence why many squid experts still carry the generators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

those submersible green led lights don't work at all. I catch less with the green light than without it. halogen cannot be beat hence why many squid experts still carry the generators

Well where were you when I was asking about it 2months ago!:sarc:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bob_G said:

Interesting stuff.  I had no idea catching the lowly squid required such technology.

When I was a kid, I simply went to the Sandwich bulkhead.  Armed with a spinning rod, and a homemade jig made from a wooden dowel and painted while. Stood under a light, and filled a 5 gallon bucket.  Most nights alone.

Times change Bob. :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

those submersible green led lights don't work at all. I catch less with the green light than without it. halogen cannot be beat hence why many squid experts still carry the generators

I've tried squidding in a fishy BB harbor several times now and haven't seen nor caught anything.  I use the green LED blob.  Maybe it's the light??  I just don't think they're around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.