Heron25

Kicked off team for not taking a knee...

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Kbetts said:

A true competitor takes on even the most combative opponents despite the possible outcome.

I hope the coach loses their job.  You go kid.

Amen on that

1 hour ago, bridgerat said:

If her goal was to continue to play collegiate soccer than her decision was wrong. You’re part of a team. Get over yourself. 
 If her goal was to quit college soccer and make the talk show circuit, then her decision was correct. She’ll be center of attention until next news cycle. And again when her case is thrown out.

So, you are this dense all the time. 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

17 hours ago, Heron25 said:

It's not blm.  Half the shirts have a nike logo and the schools name on it.  

Still, if they can fork out the $$ for those duds they can surely provide an entire wardrobe as well?

Posted (edited) · Report post

38 mins ago, Cpalms said:

I agree that there are a lot of You hypocrites that  think your  opinion is important. 

Edited by TimS
quote edited

1 hour ago, bridgerat said:

Quit the team and go stand up for what you think is right.

That's not how principled people function, they always stand up for what they think is right, even when it's unpopular, even when it results in making their immediate future less pleasant. Standing up for what you think is right only when it's meaningless and easy makes one a coward. Good for her, I hope the coach loses his job, let him teach politics and social justice warrior classes, no way he should be coaching. Keep your politics out of coaching...and if a coach can't, at least they should be man enough to let other's who don't agree share their opinion without forcing them off the team.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:22 AM, Cpalms said:

Wow, sounds like Kaepernick.

You don't watch football, if you do you don't pay attention.

Kaepernick was lousy

I sat next to some SF fans during a SF - Giants game (free tickets). This was before all the kneeling stuff, and they hated him and wanted a new QB.

2 hours ago, bridgerat said:

If her goal was to continue to play collegiate soccer than her decision was wrong. You’re part of a team. Get over yourself. 
 If her goal was to quit college soccer and make the talk show circuit, then her decision was correct. She’ll be center of attention until next news cycle. And again when her case is thrown out.

Your just being stupid - did you miss the part where she WAS NOT PLAYING ?       Should she have taken a knee to play again?

You have a weird take on this - what's behind it ???

23 mins ago, TimS said:

That's not how principled people function, they always stand up for what they think is right, even when it's unpopular, even when it results in making their immediate future less pleasant. Standing up for what you think is right only when it's meaningless and easy makes one a coward. Good for her, I hope the coach loses his job, let him teach politics and social justice warrior classes, no way he should be coaching. Keep your politics out of coaching...and if a coach can't, at least they should be man enough to let other's who don't agree share their opinion without forcing them off the team.

i love when they inadvertently show their bitch way of thinking. 

" I just don't understand why she stood up for herself, and her beliefs instead of tucking tail"

:laugh:

27 mins ago, TimS said:

Be a team player. Or go play golf.