NHAngler

Kayak sales

48 posts in this topic

Please post back your impressions and review once you have had a chance to use it. Would be great to hear more about these and if they meet expectations. 

On 5/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, Bunker1028 said:

That would have been nuts! I’ve been looking since Feb with no luck so pretty stoked to upgrade from paddle to peddle. Tight lines

Same here. Been looking for a Bigwater 132 forever. Every place sold out or presold. Was about to downgrade to a topwater 120 but finally found the bigwater. Had to drive 4 hours to get it but hopefully we'll worth the ride. Possible maiden voyage tomorrow. 

So I took the Bigwater, and I am loving it. I launched in the Great South Bay and went through some rips. Stayed pretty dry. Had the occasional tight chop come over the bow. The speed is incredible. I was cruising at 5mph easy with the tide and slowed down to 3mph against it. I guess it's all relative to how strong your legs are. Usually the next day after yaking, my legs are sore from the mirage drive. But my legs feel fine today after I was out for a few hours yesterday. The only down side is the weight and trying to car top it. I'm a DIY guy, so I will put something together to make it a lil easier. 

Glad you found your boat!

Post up your DIY self loader. The boat is a beast to load, but the real fun begins when I’m unloading at 5AM from an 11pm launch. 

good thing no one saw me!

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Bunker1028 said:

Glad you found your boat!

Post up your DIY self loader. The boat is a beast to load, but the real fun begins when I’m unloading at 5AM from an 11pm launch. 

good thing no one saw me!

I am using my wilderness kayak cart flipped onto the back door of my Rogue. Held down by straps that I use for my kayak. Once In position, I tie a rope to the end of the yak to the car. The rope is to prevent the yak from kicking out too far as I lift it onto the wheels of the cart. I have Ballon beach wheels on the cart so its nice and soft for the bottom of the yak. Once in position, the yak easily rolls on the wheels of the cart and onto the roof. I didn't come up with the idea, but saw it on YouTube somewhere. 

I'll try to post some pics next time I load onto my car. 

Edited by Bitz

2 hours ago, Bitz said:

I am using my wilderness kayak cart flipped onto the back door of my Rogue. Held down by straps that I use for my kayak. Once In position, I tie a rope to the end of the yak to the car. The rope is to prevent the yak from kicking out too far as I lift it onto the wheels of the cart. I have Ballon beach wheels on the cart so its nice and soft for the bottom of the yak. Once in position, the yak easily rolls on the wheels of the cart and onto the roof. I didn't come up with the idea, but saw it on YouTube somewhere. 

I'll try to post some pics next time I load onto my car. 

Still interested! I have the same cart. I’ll search around on YT. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Bitz said:

Found it 

Thanks for posting this! I love it but not sure my rear hatch window can take that weight of the Big Water 132. 

Maybe it would but not sure I’m willing to find out.

What kind of vehicle do you have?  My Rogue has no problem. Most rear windows are pretty strong. Plus the weight is distributed over the whole glass. Just not 1 point. 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Bunker1028 said:

Thanks for posting this! I love it but not sure my rear hatch window can take that weight of the Big Water 132. 

Maybe it would but not sure I’m willing to find out.

Look into a Thule Hullavator. Expensive but makes loading easier and safer. However, you are also getting close to the price of a trailer and for such heavy kayaks, may be the better solution for most. Even easier to just disconnect the trailer when you get home. ...and then you will just wonder why you did not buy a small boat... then, after buying a boat, you will get 2footitus every 2-3 years, upgrading to bigger boats... ....until you get sick of all of the costs and work a boat brings. You then sell your boat to move back down to a kayak and the cycle begins all over again. :) 

Edited by NHAngler

On 5/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bitz said:

What kind of vehicle do you have?  My Rogue has no problem. Most rear windows are pretty strong. Plus the weight is distributed over the whole glass. Just not 1 point. 

Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. I guess that 2x10 block distributes the weight as you mention. Might give it a shot.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:02 AM, NHAngler said:

Look into a Thule Hullavator. Expensive but makes loading easier and safer. However, you are also getting close to the price of a trailer and for such heavy kayaks, may be the better solution for most. Even easier to just disconnect the trailer when you get home. ...and then you will just wonder why you did not buy a small boat... then, after buying a boat, you will get 2footitus every 2-3 years, upgrading to bigger boats... ....until you get sick of all of the costs and work a boat brings. You then sell your boat to move back down to a kayak and the cycle begins all over again. :) 

Bwahahaha! Facts^. 

I’ll get a Hullavator soon enough. Trailer is prolly the best way to go, but current driveway config won’t support it.

And no, I’m not moving to find a better driveway! 

11 hours ago, DonF said:

And no, I’m not moving to find a better driveway! 

:point:

After careful psychoanalytic interpretation of what he said, I do believe this could be a Freudian slip and in his subconscious mind there is a 24’ Center Console  parked over a flattened plastic kayak in his new driveway. Not sure but that is my forecast on this. :)