NHAngler

Kayak sales

48 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Pauleye said:

I think the same way.  I rather have a tin boat and a tiller outboard for the price of a Flintstone powered yak.  I'm looking into an Eddyline as it supposed to be a simple, lightweight, paddler.  It seems the best I can do is place the order for the one I want in October for spring delivery.

How is that thinking the same way? NH Angler had a flintstone and now he has expressed interest in a Barney Rubble. 

I like all methods of taking Bass...Flintstone and my Barney Rubble will out fish what I can do on my Northcoast 20. 

24 mins ago, The Riddler said:

How is that thinking the same way? NH Angler had a flintstone and now he has expressed interest in a Barney Rubble. 

I like all methods of taking Bass...Flintstone and my Barney Rubble will out fish what I can do on my Northcoast 20. 

NHAngler said "I'm going to make kayak fishing that complex and expensive ($5K), I'll just use my boat. To me using a kayak means increased access, ease of transport, simplicity, etc." and I think the same thing. Flinstone refers to locomotion with the feet. 

If you choose a boat, so be it. Of course between a kayak and a boat, the boat will just mean you will spend more money just to get to where you think the fish might be.

Kind of like taking a Rolls Royce to look for Bigfoot or Loch Ness....

2 hours ago, Pauleye said:

I'm looking into an Eddyline as it supposed to be a simple, lightweight, paddler.  It seems the best I can do is place the order for the one I want in October for spring delivery.

I have heard it said that one of the Eddylines has a high seat, try before you buy!

58 mins ago, cheech said:

I have heard it said that one of the Eddylines has a high seat, try before you buy!

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. 

1 hour ago, FishermanTim said:

If you choose a boat, so be it. Of course between a kayak and a boat, the boat will just mean you will spend more money just to get to where you think the fish might be.

Kind of like taking a Rolls Royce to look for Bigfoot or Loch Ness....

I don’t feel comfortable in my kayak where I fish in Eastern Long Island Sound. I don’t know how fast people paddle but Niantic to Plum Gut or Sluiceway or south side of Fishers in a yak is not for me. I have never seen a kayak at any of my sea bass or fluke spots, nor night fishing the popular reefs. Others may have very productive water within very short distances, but LIS tides can rip. At 50 yo, I’d rather let Yamaha do the work. Different strokes for different folks (pun intended). I own a boat and a kayak. I love the kayak on the small lakes and ponds near me. 

I like being versatile and see kayaks and boats as tools for fishing. From shore, from a kayak, and from boats of all sizes. Depends on the application and situation and if I have company. I have had times when I felt safer in my kayaks then I ever would have in a small boat. Weird but true. 

My comment regarding spending $5K on a rig with an electric motor (and to each / own) was due to the simplicity I desire from kayak fishing. Hence, I'm back to a paddle kayak but hungry to get back up into a peddle drive at some point. As I do, I feel the danger in getting / spending for an electric setup and needed to say this to detune my ambitions here. :) 

16 hours ago, Pauleye said:

I don’t feel comfortable in my kayak where I fish in Eastern Long Island Sound. I don’t know how fast people paddle but Niantic to Plum Gut or Sluiceway or south side of Fishers in a yak is not for me. I have never seen a kayak at any of my sea bass or fluke spots, nor night fishing the popular reefs. Others may have very productive water within very short distances, but LIS tides can rip. At 50 yo, I’d rather let Yamaha do the work. Different strokes for different folks (pun intended). I own a boat and a kayak. I love the kayak on the small lakes and ponds near me. 

Great point.

It's like having a hunting rifle and an air gun. Which would you use to hunt bear?

I'm an inshore and fresh water angler, so kayaks work for me.

I sure as heck wouldn't take a kayak to fish for cod, sharks or marlin.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, NHAngler said:

They get creative. Find another brand / supplier. Buy used / resell. Sell cigars, leomonade, and ice cream cones.

Back in February I called a local boat dealer to inquire about ordering a new aluminum boat. The guy laughed at me and told me how I could not and that all of the boats coming in were spoken for. I asked him if hew as the owner and he said no, sales. Then I asked him what he plans to do for a living. It got silent after that. 

Probably should hold back some inventory and rent them.

20 hours ago, Pauleye said:

I regularly use my yak in the Sound but I keep my travels under 2 miles off shore. seems like a lot but I only go that far when conditions allow me. I have a lot of spots about 1 to 1.5 miles off shore I can hit confidently on my yak. 

Like you said different strokes for different folks. I enjoy catching large fish off my yak. I see it as more of a challenge. My buddy caught a 8 to 9 foot shark in his last season. ended up cutting the line a out 12 inches from the hook, that's about as close as he could get from his yak, shark was not his targeted species. It ate his eel he was trolling for bass.

After reading this thread on Sunday, I sent the Goose Hummock an email and they had the Big Water 132 PDL in stock, and I’m supposed to receive it tomorrow.

Shoot Dave an email. He’s very quick to reply. Good luck and thanks!

16 mins ago, Bunker1028 said:

After reading this thread on Sunday, I sent the Goose Hummock an email and they had the Big Water 132 PDL in stock, and I’m supposed to receive it tomorrow.

Shoot Dave an email. He’s very quick to reply. Good luck and thanks!

Nice, I just did and he is going to sell me the one he sold to you. I outbid you I guess. Sorry. He said he would call you shortly to explain. 

Just now, NHAngler said:

Nice, I just did and he is going to sell me the one he sold to you. I outbid you I guess. Sorry. He said he would call you shortly to explain. 

;) Kidding of course. 

Congrats on the new ride!

That would have been nuts! I’ve been looking since Feb with no luck so pretty stoked to upgrade from paddle to peddle. Tight lines