codfish

Fresh water worms for stripers

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Purple Manns Jelly Worm.  Old school and not to durable but caught me many rockfish.   Unweighted.  

:)Manns:)

12 hours ago, HJS said:

For a couple of decades I've been catching white perch that are established in several Maryland Reservoirs.  I use smallish spinners, mepps etc., with a length of night crawler laced on the treble hook.  Works great!!  If they strip off the worm then no more perch.  Put another worm on then I catch perch.... so the worn is what works.

I also tried night crawlers in a couple of the Chesapeake's side rivers, like the Magothy, and they worked great there too.  Lot cheaper than bloods.

I’ve found small spinners like the anglers perch pounder outfishes any sort of bait. There’s spots in the Severn where I can literally get a perch every cast. 

Here in the UK, senkos, soft jerk baits and the like are fished with great success in the ocean for European sea bass. Weightless or with a lightly weighted hook. Mostly used for very shallow water over weed & rocks. Our fish are very small in comparison but when you can't throw any other lure into rough ass ground the plastic is unbeatable. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, london lee said:

Here in the UK, senkos, soft jerk baits and the like are fished with great success in the ocean for European sea bass. Weightless or with a lightly weighted hook. Mostly used for very shallow water over weed & rocks. Our fish are very small in comparison but when you can't throw any other lure into rough ass ground the plastic is unbeatable. 

Cheers

:)Thanks for sharing:)

41ZtL0C54pL._AC_SX425_.jpg