DANCO Premio Titanium pliers

Rate this topic

JerseySurf

If you use the search there’s a bunch of stuff posted about them.

Some say they’re good, others who own VS pliers chime in and say spend the extra, that VS are better. I don’t know. I’ve been tempted myself a couple times to try them out. 

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

I have the 5.5 and 7.5

Haven't used them all that much.  10x so far.

Stabil joint

Good cutter

Awesome cutter design that centers the line and doesn't allow it to slip below the cutter.

Cutter stops the jaws  so the jaws stay open half a mm.  Not an issue unless you want to tighten a knot with light ish lines.

The sheath loop won't work on factory wader belts that you can't take the buckle off of. (which is common but worth noting.  I'm not using the sheath anyway)

Stability of the joint is the most important aspect of a fishing plier....As twisting hooks out is common.   These seem pretty stable.   

The sargent sportsmates are better than these in every regard outside of weight, and the braid cutter, and corrosion resistance..

Ya even get to tell your buddies with alu pliers that yours are titanium...and that's the important thing.

I tried replicating that ASROD thread where he blew em up on a little jig hook and the pliers didn't flinch.   

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

The Premio's look very sturdy with their "Halo" design hinge. I was looking at the 6.5 size and was impressed. I would need the 7.5 size for myself as I have large hands. The Sargent's look like they are more geared for offshore use but if I had those, I would also use those for working on my truck or home because they look so stout. 

I have a half season on the 7.5s, boat only. As stated above, I have an issue with getting the sheath on my wader belt. I may do something about that this season, but I have several other crappy pliers that have been doing the job in the surf. I do like them so far.

I've used a pair of 6.5's for over a year now. I like them and they seem to be rock solid still. 

The only negative comment I really saw is what Scooby is talking about and honestly I think the guy tried to do something you shouldn't do with them.

I don't use the leather sheath and at first I was gonna replace the shock cord lanyard. But, it grew on me.

Edited by Haycreekrambler

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dbech said:

I like mine but I was able to bend them a bit. 

Full disclosure, I forgot to crush the barbs on a darter and had to muscle the hooks out of the fish. 

B0DB9AEE-7CC0-4F2B-B5D5-F191CB23160A.jpeg

98033E19-F388-497D-B924-D12459BD17C0.jpeg

Just from unhooking a fish!  I debated these but this makes them a non-starter for me.

Salt air provides the levity needed for survival.

3 hours ago, dbech said:

Full disclosure, I forgot to crush the barbs on a darter and had to muscle the hooks out of the fish. 

Thats an awful disclosure. I thought you were gonna say you ran them over with the truck or something. Fishing pliers shouldnt bend like that from pulling the hook out of a fish, barb or not 

4 hours ago, dbech said:

Do the cutters still cut with the jaws misaligned like that?

Why aren’t you fishing?