Angler #1

Today brings back memories from the

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

past as I get to drive my brand new Ranger with new plates and all. This marks the first time I actually get to own a new truck. It can be remotely turned on and off from any where in the United States with out even using a key. Should some decide to steal it it can be remotely turned off from the heavens . I will call it my Silver Bullet as the Herring are making there journey to once again do there thing in the rivers, ponds in our state. It was nice of Uncle Sam in helping to pay for it going forward and the stimulus package made it all worth it. Why now after owning another ranger for 10 years that with only 85000 miles was beginning to actually rust out a piece at a time, like the last one I picked up second hand My Grande Cherokee 4/4  2004 that i bought in 2005 with only 145000 miles were both traded in to hopefully reduce the repairs and save a few trinkets. My wife has come to  a place in time where her early stages of All timers where her driving will become    less and less . I am simply baffled with all of the buttons, lights, safety items that has the whole truck covered with some electronic gadget. I did not get the four wheel version with an extended cab with just two doors and two part doors . On top of that I was on the front page of the Sandwich Enterprise on another mission for my country and town . It has been a long day and now to relax and take it all in and start tomorrow with thinking about casting a few new plugs I have been working on all winter along with my jigs and fids for my grandsons version of a Viking sailing ship. Here is to tomorrow  and what it may bring or not. Here is another day of hope or not. Here is the time of reflection or not Here is to Peace and Prayers 

6 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Carl good for you ! I hope the new truck treats you well ! You deserve it .

Chuck thank you for the kind words and hopefully that will be the case Had a chance to try a few other options today in the rain . When the wipers come on the front light come on, no longer do I have to turn them on separability. Makes obeying the law a little easier and takes away the guess work if you should have it on when driving while the wipers are operating. Peace and Prayers 

Best of  luck with the new truck,  your gonna love the gas mileage, particularly without the 4WD. So, my first car was a 1974 Pinto,  a year old, 12K miles,  $2200, it ate cams like butter melting, lucky it never got rear ended and blowed up.

Anyway, this must be alike a spaceship to you, what was your first car?

Carl, have you given any thought to how you might install rod racks on your new wheels?  Roof or bed...or a combination of the two?

What color is your new truck, you called it the silver bullet.

Whenever I saw your old red truck, I knew you were somewhere around and would try to find you and say "Hi".

On 4/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, Angler #1 said:

past as I get to drive my brand new Ranger with new plates and all. This marks the first time I actually get to own a new truck. It can be remotely turned on and off from any where in the United States with out even using a key. Should some decide to steal it it can be remotely turned off from the heavens . I will call it my Silver Bullet as the Herring are making there journey to once again do there thing in the rivers, ponds in our state. It was nice of Uncle Sam in helping to pay for it going forward and the stimulus package made it all worth it. Why now after owning another ranger for 10 years that with only 85000 miles was beginning to actually rust out a piece at a time, like the last one I picked up second hand My Grande Cherokee 4/4  2004 that i bought in 2005 with only 145000 miles were both traded in to hopefully reduce the repairs and save a few trinkets. My wife has come to  a place in time where her early stages of All timers where her driving will become    less and less . I am simply baffled with all of the buttons, lights, safety items that has the whole truck covered with some electronic gadget. I did not get the four wheel version with an extended cab with just two doors and two part doors . On top of that I was on the front page of the Sandwich Enterprise on another mission for my country and town . It has been a long day and now to relax and take it all in and start tomorrow with thinking about casting a few new plugs I have been working on all winter along with my jigs and fids for my grandsons version of a Viking sailing ship. Here is to tomorrow  and what it may bring or not. Here is another day of hope or not. Here is the time of reflection or not Here is to Peace and Prayers 

Congrats on the new wheels:clap:

I have thoughts about a rod transport if needed.

You are styling now  take them grandkids out for ice cream 

18 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Best of  luck with the new truck,  your gonna love the gas mileage, particularly without the 4WD. So, my first car was a 1974 Pinto,  a year old, 12K miles,  $2200, it ate cams like butter melting, lucky it never got rear ended and blowed up.

Anyway, this must be alike a spaceship to you, what was your first car?

Highlander so true and with the all aluminum body it should be even better. When I drove it home the message on the dash told me I have another 384 miles to fill up . It was a Nash Rambler with a fold down seat that made into a bed. It was a bondo job. I was hit broad side at a stop sign by some one running a light and all of the places filled in , that i never saw blew out , the car was a total.  Peace and Prayers

17 hours ago, Joe G said:

Carl, have you given any thought to how you might install rod racks on your new wheels?  Roof or bed...or a combination of the two?

Joe have not made my mind up at this point . I removed my last roof rack from the Jeep and perhaps I might find a way to use it. I wrote on the bottom  that one will be my last roof rack I make , so we will need to see how it works out.Peace and Prayers

17 hours ago, saxon59 said:

What color is your new truck, you called it the silver bullet.

Whenever I saw your old red truck, I knew you were somewhere around and would try to find you and say "Hi".

The old Ranger stood out with the red paint job, this one is all silver  I appreciated it when you were able to find me along the ditch and stop to talk . Peace and Prayers 

14 hours ago, jason colby said:

That is great Carl!! Now you can drive (in style)  to see me in Quincy (14 days away) for the "Old Geezer Flounder Trip". 

Jason my friend I have been looking forward to this trip since last year and unless I am incapacitated I will be onboard for sure with a hug and and a smile . Peace and Prayers

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Congrats on the new wheels:clap:

I have thoughts about a rod transport if needed.

You are styling now  take them grandkids out for ice cream 

Nice thoughts taking the grand kids out for an ice cream. The trouble is they are all over 6 feet now and a couple closer to 7. I could take one out in the passengers side sit The ones in the back are really useless, but make for good storage however when I do go fishing. Peace and Prayers