27conch

Yo Zuri Mag Darter question

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Personally I prefer the original of every product.  In this case with the mag darter that would be the 5in.  Bassdozer mentioned in his Surf Plugology article about this.  I’ll find another model plug to fill my need in the larger size range if need be.  One that possesses “Je n’ai sais quoi”

54208824-0D5E-4B8A-9130-88CE8826F96C.jpeg

Edited by t_man7

1 hour ago, 27conch said:

Just wondering if you prefer the 5" , 6 1/2" or both models?

The 5” seems to draw more hits and hooks well when the fish are small. The middle sized one does well with larger fish. I have the largest size but seldom but haven’t had good success with it. Honestly  I don’t use the big one often.

I like using the smaller size.... but I also carry the larger one and use single hooks on all.  For some strange and really good reason the larger one is a big bluefish magnet . They just love the action and can’t resist!

I like both the 5” and 6.5”. The ghost 5” is usually the first plug out of my bag when I fish at night, it’s just become a real confidence plug for me. I tend to fish the 5” more but I’ve caught some nice fish on the 6.5” as well. 

Bob

On 4/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, t_man7 said:

Personally I prefer the original of every product.  In this case with the mag darter that would be the 5in.  Bassdozer mentioned in his Surf Plugology article about this.  I’ll find another model plug to fill my need in the larger size range if need be.  One that possesses “Je n’ai sais quoi”

54208824-0D5E-4B8A-9130-88CE8826F96C.jpeg

Nice reference and very true..... especially in the case of the mag darters which  I too bellieve are best in their originally designed size.  

I recall the larger size becoming available and the excitement was palpable, ended up not a fan of how they cast or fish most conditions when other options do the job better side by side. 

Contrast that to the original mag darter's size and anything its able to do, it does great and is very often my go-to, fished in various ways.

Edited by DeepBlue85