hotfishgirl

How is your garden coming

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

Guess it's about time to hook up the 3 bottom plow to the old Farmall, turn over 5 or 6 acres and the harrow it down.............  Got 475 tomato plants coming (the 500 last year was a bit much), save a couple of acres for a special corn crop (fine sippin whiskey) and the rest of my garden will be for hemp (wink, wink)...........   The feds will pay me for what ever land I don't plant.......

3 hours ago, oldgoat said:

A1I never had any trouble in a barrel with fish gurry freezing.

The mixture was generating its own heat Peace and Prayers

On 4/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, bob_G said:

Z,

You definitely will get several seasons from one.   I've never had one fail.  The first year we used them I noticed a difference. At the end of the season I immediately noticed our felt pot plants had developed far superior room systems when compared to plastic 5 gallon buckets.

I ordered a 5 pack of the Vivosun brand from Amazon. They came in today. They seem pretty good. I’ll use them for tomatoes. 

Just now, z-man said:

I ordered a 5 pack of the Vivosun brand from Amazon. They came in today. They seem pretty good. I’ll use them for tomatoes. 

That's what my wife got. Her plants don't look that great from the move to the bags, hopefully they recover. 

7 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

That's what my wife got. Her plants don't look that great from the move to the bags, hopefully they recover. 

Tomatoes planted already?

9 mins ago, bob_G said:

Tomatoes planted already?

Yes

those actually look the best. Beans squash and cukes look rough. 

I'll take a pic tonight

13 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Yes

those actually look the best. Beans squash and cukes look rough. 

I'll take a pic tonight

WB,

YMMV, but we've experimented with planting early tomatoes for years with no luck.  We've planted them under water tents and plastic towers.  The early plantings would languishes until late May. Then once Memorial day rolled around they'd take off, and catch up with the other plants.  But July you couldn't tell which plants were planted early because they all looked alike.

26 mins ago, bob_G said:

WB,

YMMV, but we've experimented with planting early tomatoes for years with no luck.  We've planted them under water tents and plastic towers.  The early plantings would languishes until late May. Then once Memorial day rolled around they'd take off, and catch up with the other plants.  But July you couldn't tell which plants were planted early because they all looked alike.

I’ve tried the same with no luck of getting early tomatoes. I wonder if you kept them in the house and don’t move them outside until they flower would help?

25 mins ago, z-man said:

I’ve tried the same with no luck of getting early tomatoes. I wonder if you kept them in the house and don’t move them outside until they flower would help?

Not that I'm an expert, but we don't plant tomatoes now until the third week in May.

My wife has some super early variety plants she started from seeds under a grow light.  I'll update you as the season progresses.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:50 AM, oldgoat said:

Snapped off and ate my first two asparagus sprouts. 5,3,21

Are you going to be up the drive to flounder country? Peace and Prayers

5 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Are you going to be up the drive to flounder country? Peace and Prayers

I'm afraid I shouldn't take a spot an then back out.

My tongue works but every thing else is slowing down a lot.

I hope you guys have a fun trip and post it.

It's been an honor to have traveled with you guys before and looking forward to pictures.