vce12342000

Looking for a GREAT pair of wading boots

28 posts in this topic

I couldn’t control myself once again.... So I went and pulled the trigger on the Danner-Patagonia wading boots. Got a pair of the Patagonia Swiftcurrent wading pants as well... Why not... LOL!

Anyway, I think these are it!!!

Boots are typical US Danner build quality. Simms offers nothing even close to these IMO. Now we shall see...

All studded up and ready for river action in the AM...

AAF81876-847E-451E-9AB7-AE4DA053A8E1.jpeg

2 mins ago, Inshore said:

I couldn’t control myself once again.... So I went and pulled the trigger on the Danner-Patagonia wading boots. Got a pair of the Patagonia Swiftcurrent wading pants as well... Why not... LOL!

Anyway, I think these are it!!!

Boots are typical US Danner build quality. Simms offers nothing even close to these IMO. Now we shall see...

All studded up and ready for river action in the AM...

AAF81876-847E-451E-9AB7-AE4DA053A8E1.jpeg

Please let us/me know how you like those babies. I want to pull the trigger so bad but want another anglers opinion on them  .....

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

Please let us/me know how you like those babies. I want to pull the trigger so bad but want another anglers opinion on them  .....

I’ve already had them on, fairly comfy by wading boot standards... Nice and wide and not too heavy(dry). They feel like a normal boot, not a ski boot, and I like that fact!

I’ll report back after day one tomorrow night....

If they perform like my Danner work, hunting and hiking boots, they will be golden!!!

Edited by Inshore

20 mins ago, Inshore said:

I’ve already had them on, fairly comfy by wading boot standards... Nice and wide and not too heavy(dry). They feel like a normal boot, not a ski boot, and I like that fact!

I’ll report back after day one tomorrow night....

If the perform like my Danner work, hunting and hiking boots, they will be golden!!!

How does the sizing run on them ? 1 or 2 size up from street shoes-sneakers ? 

1 min ago, vce12342000 said:

How does the sizing run on them ? 1 or 2 size up from street shoes-sneakers ?

I ordered one size up from my “street shoe” size. I wear an 11, purchased a 12 and they fit perfect with my “wading socks” and waders on...

1 hour ago, Inshore said:

I ordered one size up from my “street shoe” size. I wear an 11, purchased a 12 and they fit perfect with my “wading socks” and waders on...

thank you.....

12 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

who re-soled it ? Simms or shoemaker ?

A shoemaker did the work with the felted/carbide studded soles that I bought. Never come loose and studs are solid.  Today boot makers preach lightweight, flexible, comfortable, but fall apart because many components are a plastic composition, yet the prices are going nuts. These are older Simms, don't know if there still made?

1 hour ago, RAW said:

A shoemaker did the work with the felted/carbide studded soles that I bought. Never come loose and studs are solid.  Today boot makers preach lightweight, flexible, comfortable, but fall apart because many components are a plastic composition, yet the prices are going nuts. These are older Simms, don't know if there still made?

thank you for your response......

On 5/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, vce12342000 said:

Please let us/me know how you like those babies.

Day one...

Spent about 9 hours in em today. Felt with studs performed well, very comfortable right out of the box. Only negative (very minor) is they don’t drain as fast as my Simms Flyweights w/ felt. So when ya first climb out of the water they feel heavy until they drain. Other than that, I think they’re good to go...

They were brutally priced when they first came out, but now the price is in line with all USA manufactured Danners I feel they are a solid buy. Time will tell...

21 hours ago, Inshore said:

Day one...

Spent about 9 hours in em today. Felt with studs performed well, very comfortable right out of the box. Only negative (very minor) is they don’t drain as fast as my Simms Flyweights w/ felt. So when ya first climb out of the water they feel heavy until they drain. Other than that, I think they’re good to go...

They were brutally priced when they first came out, but now the price is in line with all USA manufactured Danners I feel they are a solid buy. Time will tell...

thank you for your feedback. Think Im gonna pull the trigger for these in the fall. I think I can squeeze 1 more season out my current Patagonia's