Misled

Hornady Critical Duty Legal in NJ?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest NJ Communist laws but I thought Kim Jong-Murphy ordained some new ones recently.

My question, are Hornady Critical Duty (red rubber tip in hollow point) legal to own and/or privately sell in NJ?

8 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Yes.  As is regular HP ammo.  

Just can't use it in the commission of a crime.  

thx!

1 hour ago, Misled said:

I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest NJ Communist laws but I thought Kim Jong-Murphy ordained some new ones recently.

My question, are Hornady Critical Duty (red rubber tip in hollow point) legal to own and/or privately sell in NJ?

Technically, its not HP, no?  Because of the filler?  Thought I was told that once

50 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

LOL. I wonder if the criminals adhere.

3 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

LOL. I wonder if the criminals adhere.

Those rules are just for the law abiding not the criminals.  They get out early if they even see any time.  We....we rot in jail.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, LBI SurfRat said:

Yer kidding?!?!  Lemme get this straight.  Committing crime is a crime.  Committing crime with a gun is a crime.  Committing crime with a gun with the wrong ammo is another crime?  So if the crime is committed with a revolver and wad cutters it's not a crime?   The crime is NJ lawmakers rolling roughshod on the law abiding.  Rediculous.

2 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Yer kidding?!?!  Lemme get this straight.  Committing crime is a crime.  Committing crime with a gun is a crime.  Committing crime with a gun with the wrong ammo is another crime?  So if the crime is committed with a revolver and wad cutters it's not a crime?   The crime is NJ lawmakers rolling roughshod on the law abiding.  Rediculous.

Lol. Agree. Just paraphrasing the verbage (wording) that is spewed by our "leaders". If you have HPs in your firearm it's just one more charge they will tack on to the list. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Since there's basically no CC in NJ what difference does it make....in your own home in a self defense situation, with a legal firearm and HP's.....it's Hammer Time....omo.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

On 4/23/2021 at 4:24 PM, makorider said:

Technically, its not HP, no?  Because of the filler?  Thought I was told that once

found this on the inernet so...it must be true

Hornady Critical Duty ammunition uses a projectile with what Hornady calls a “Flextip” polymer filling. The projectile does not have a “hollow nose.” ... Ammunition lacking a hollow cavity at the tip, such as those with a polymer filling, are not considered to be hollow point ammunition.Mar 9, 2020

Edited by big popper

With all the legal mumbo jumbo...stay away from hollow points. NJ lawmakers will get you one way or another. Not worth fighting in court GOD forbid you need to protect yourself in your own home!!!

2 hours ago, Billy77 said:

With all the legal mumbo jumbo...stay away from hollow points. NJ lawmakers will get you one way or another. Not worth fighting in court GOD forbid you need to protect yourself in your own home!!!

if it came to fireing shots i think i would rather deal with the HP issue than a FMJ over penatrating and god forbid hitting someone else...tough call but concidering the above discription i'd take my chances. 

U boys are reading more into this than necessary.....it's NJ and U better be able to prove you were in a life threating situation even in your own home with an intruder....if that's the case, plain and simple  and you had to defend yourself and your loved ones....FMJ, HP.....they're both legal to possess in your home.....omo.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

1 hour ago, big popper said:

if it came to fireing shots i think i would rather deal with the HP issue than a FMJ over penatrating and god forbid hitting someone else...tough call but concidering the above discription i'd take my chances. 

Being an instructor and knowing many law enforcement officers in NJ, just saying not worth the aggravation. As to hitting someone in your own home, know your surroundings and background from where u are shooting. Just saying...that's all. NOT worth all the red tape with hollow points.  GOOD LUCK all and stay safe!!

Well Billy.....being an instructor and have been in a few real life situations...all that nonsense goes out the window when someone throws the switch...surroundings, background, what's the lawyer gonna say is all complete BS when your in a true life threatening situation.....nothing else matters except stayin' alive.....omo.

Clint Smith " The two most important rules in a gun fight, always cheat, always win".

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal