Beastly Backlash

Fishing Sun Glasses

35 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

My Costas have held up for about 5yrs. I could actually keep using them as they are still functional, just has a lot of lens scratches and the rubber nose piece is hanging off.

Cheaper sun glasses have rarely made it past a year without coming apart and needing replaced. From this point the Costas I have paid for themselves 2 yrs ago.

Costas are guaranteed 

Send them back

16 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I suppose "silver sunrise mirror" is copper in Costa's language?

I'm not familiar with how Costa determines their models.

The copper/brown/amber glasses work well because they strip the wavelengths at the out edges of the visible spectrum.

So what gets to your eye is in the range which your eye has better sensitivity and focus ability.

There can still be conditions where other tints (wavelengths) work well.

The other advantage with the copper/brown/amber tints are that the UV and IR ends of the spectrum get reduced.

17 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Looking for a good pair of polarized sun glasses under $200.

My Costas are beat up pretty bad so looking for a good replacement.

If your frame is still in decent shape, I highly recommend sending them to Tajima and have them put new lenses. They manufacture the lenses on Kaenon sunglasses and are made in Japan. Tajima lenses are Amazing, better than costa imho. I had my favorite frame for surf fishing with Tajima lenses and I love them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

posted dozens of links on my back channel for deals on all sorts of brands.  40 $ for 200+ costas, smiths, mauis etc.

I think I bough 6 new pairs of sunglasses last year.   Really liking the smiths for a grey.  Revo for dark brown.  Amber's a crap shoot.

Maybe after lasik the strange purple sparks at the end of the polarized light source won't be present...but I couldn't wear mirrored glass or pc costas for that reason.

Just checked..just like anything else now adays.....no deals...and they were priced as such for months..and  I think about 700 people bought last I looked, so it wasn't a one time deal

Edited by scoobydoo

54 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

posted dozens of links on my back channel for deals on all sorts of brands.  40 $ for 200+ costas, smiths, mauis etc.

I think I bough 6 new pairs of sunglasses last year.   Really liking the smiths for a grey.  Revo for dark brown.  Amber's a crap shoot.

Maybe after lasik the strange purple sparks at the end of the polarized light source won't be present...but I couldn't wear mirrored glass or pc costas for that reason.

Just checked..just like anything else now adays.....no deals...and they were priced as such for months..and  I think about 700 people bought last I looked, so it wasn't a one time deal

I remember those deals. I meant to take advantage of those deals and make a couple orders, but the deals slipped my mind.

Kicking myself now.

3 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Costas are guaranteed 

Send them back

I already tried gluing the rubber back on, you think they will still warranty the glasses?

4 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I suppose "silver sunrise mirror" is copper in Costa's language?

No. Costa has 3 lenses based on a copper base. They are; Copper, Copper Silver Mirror and the Green Mirror. While the Gray, the Gray Silver Mirror and the Blue Mirror are all built on a gray base.The Sunrise Mirror is for lower light conditions. This link shows Costa's lenses: https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/performance-technology/lenses

Edited by ARH1956

32 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I already tried gluing the rubber back on, you think they will still warranty the glasses?

I think they might.  Worth a try maybe they will give you money towards a new set

“rubber nose piece is hanging off.”

Costa will warranty frames that are separating.

At least they did a year ago for me and my fishing bud.

They actually sent both of us new glasses.

Worth a try,go to their site and fill out warranty form,send them in (shipping on you).

I was surprised they replaced my glasses,ymmv....

Last year I had the rubber on the arm of a 5+ year old Costa Fisch/580G frame peeling off. I sent them back and Costa no longer sold the Fisch with the Clear/Silver frame and they told me to pick out any Fisch glasses with 580G lenses. They sent me a new set of glasses at no charge.

20 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I was looking at those, but I have no idea how well they will hold up.

I have used the for a lack of words lower priced Sunglasses many years at say the $20 $30 range from Bass pro and than Amazon. The fishaholic ones are comparable to the $100 $200 ones.If you have Amazon Prime  or just Amazon you have nothing to lose Returns are free no hassle. you can go thru 6-8 pair over the years for the price of the Hyped ones. made in China :howdy: add a name Fishaholic $30 add Bass Pro $75 add a Designer's name $200  Add a fishing pro $300-$400. But if you are a fisherman who puts more into Labeled overpriced gear go fo it, Keep in mind $20 or $300 can break get scratched Lost just as fast.  Ever wonder why a Bottle of  Fantastic at Shoprite Costs $2.39 and At a Boating Store say West Marine with a picture of a Boat on the same Label Costs $7.00 :huh: and think of it R/X Eyeglass have a 600 % markup or more. ever hear of Vanity :hi5: So Beastly Backlash is It Amazon or Tiffany ?????????????  

18 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I sent back a pair of permits that the rubber came loose on.  They took care of it,  minus shipping costs.

26 mins ago, daytripper said:

Thanks Cheeckakoe,goint to get 2 pair,what  color do you like for boating,thanks DT

Your choice I have Gray Yellow Blue Dark since the ones I have used the lens are interchangeable. I started  with interchangeables for Shooting Skeet. and wound up for fishing. On amazon look for Optical Correct 90% are buy Sold and & Provided By Amazon NOT Chung Dung :thumbd: second party. 

glasses.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe