natejeep

Saltwaters VS repair turnaround time

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Looking to see if anyone has recently sent/received a VS and what the turnaround time is/was for you. I've been waiting for my reels for 7 weeks now and was originally told 2-4 on 3/2... they received my reels on 3/4. I called 4/1 to check up on them because it was 4 weeks since they got them and was told that they were about 5 days behind the day they received my reels (2/27) and would be getting to them within a week or two. Another two weeks go by and I call on 4/14 to check and make sure there wasn't an issue with the reels as I figured they'd have been looked at by then(lefty reels so I know parts could be an issue if needed any). I think I spoke to Mike at this time and was told they'd be looked at within the next day or two. Called again this Monday (4/19) and was told my box was on the "bosses desk" with a few in front of mines. 3 days later now and I still don't have a charge on my card or a phone call about my reels.. Not trying to bash them in anyway here as every time I've called they're always super respectful and helpful but I feel like I'm possibly getting the run around here. I understand that they're most likely stupid busy so instead of constantly calling them I figured I'd ask here and see what others have had for experiences lately. Was hoping to get my reels back by now (which is why I called before I shipped them) and not sure how much longer I'm willing to go before I make the 4 hr drive and just pick them up.

16 mins ago, Bob C. said:

They are backed up big time. I sent min in in january and it took a long time

Any idea how long they had them?

Was banking on SWE becoming a service center this year and that didn’t work out so got to sending mines out later than I want.

Mine has been at Rivers End for at least 6 weeks.  Supposedly being serviced this week.  Maybe there is a parts shortage?   

1 min ago, DZ said:

Mine has been at Rivers End for at least 6 weeks.  Supposedly being serviced this week.  Maybe there is a parts shortage?   

That could very well be DZ. Its the story all over rite now.

2 hours ago, natejeep said:

Looking to see if anyone has recently sent/received a VS and what the turnaround time is/was for you. I've been waiting for my reels for 7 weeks now and was originally told 2-4 on 3/2... they received my reels on 3/4. I called 4/1 to check up on them because it was 4 weeks since they got them and was told that they were about 5 days behind the day they received my reels (2/27) and would be getting to them within a week or two. Another two weeks go by and I call on 4/14 to check and make sure there wasn't an issue with the reels as I figured they'd have been looked at by then(lefty reels so I know parts could be an issue if needed any). I think I spoke to Mike at this time and was told they'd be looked at within the next day or two. Called again this Monday (4/19) and was told my box was on the "bosses desk" with a few in front of mines. 3 days later now and I still don't have a charge on my card or a phone call about my reels.. Not trying to bash them in anyway here as every time I've called they're always super respectful and helpful but I feel like I'm possibly getting the run around here. I understand that they're most likely stupid busy so instead of constantly calling them I figured I'd ask here and see what others have had for experiences lately. Was hoping to get my reels back by now (which is why I called before I shipped them) and not sure how much longer I'm willing to go before I make the 4 hr drive and just pick them up.

To me if your sending your reels in that time of year your asking for trouble. I get mine in after the season. To me 8 weeks is normal that time of year. I use that shop a lot and a few others in our area all good people and they will do the job. Use this as a life lesson never service your reels a month before the season starts.  

My vs150 is also in saltwater right now, I brought it in march 12th, they told me 3 weeks and when I called 4 weeks later they told me it's still not ready since they are backed up. I do not mind the wait since I'm fishing my penn right now. But I'd go nuts if I had no other reel. It is what It is

34 mins ago, hydraman said:

To me if your sending your reels in that time of year your asking for trouble. I get mine in after the season. To me 8 weeks is normal that time of year. I use that shop a lot and a few others in our area all good people and they will do the job. Use this as a life lesson never service your reels a month before the season starts.  

I was intending on sending them to the SWE when they supposedly became a service center this year but found out back in February it wasn’t looking like it was happening so I had to find an alternative. I’m just more concerned on being told something and it not being true. Looks like it’s the usual so I’m not too alone.. I’ll get em when I get em. 

I think parts is the problem. All overseas manufacturing has been backed up this past year. A lot of catching up.. particularly in  fishing and hunting manufacturing because so many people took to the outdoors over the last year.

7 hours ago, shark lobster said:

They told me exact same thing was on the bosses desk ! I think every time you call they send you to the end of the line ! It was 9 weeks for mine !

No soup for you. :laugh:

They do more servicing than any other shop on the island.  It's one guy busting his ass to get the work done with a supply chain that's inconsistent an unpredictable at best.  Van Staal is placing good technicians, good shops and all their customers in a bad spot with the direction things have taken and shops like Saltwaters with the volume they have to deal with can only do so much....with that said mine is also there waiting on a no parts cleaning. 

I had 4 reels there about 5 weeks,dropped off mid feb...I was assured that parts were 100% no problem....was expensive as well,in my opinion the slow turnaround is due to the fact u have 1 guy who does them..and its not the guy who used to do them,he was awesome