WTB surf spinning set up

Been dealing with some back issues so looks like my kayak fishing is on hold for a bit. Looking to put together surf fishing spinning outfit. Interested in the following reels:

Penn Spinfisher vi 4500

Shimano spheros 6000

daiwa bg 4000

looking for 9 ft 1-4 oz rod to pair with it. Looking to stay under $120 on the rod. Located in Philadelphia area. Let me know if you got anything that fits the bill. 

24 mins ago, ganggang said:

I have a new RA-S-1002MH(okuma rockaway rod) and new bg 4000 reel. I can meet you NJ near Edison. Total I can do is $180. The rod is very light and only 10 oz.

Hey interested but Edison is a bit far from me. I’ll pass for now unless you can meet somewhere halfway. 

47 mins ago, Bdawk2020 said:

I could do Princeton. Would you be available Friday afternoon?

You can check the pic. The bg has box and paper. I don't remember where I put the extra spool washer. Can we meet at weekends? I am not sure if I am busy at Friday. princeton is one and half hour driving from my place.

912322390.jpg

1148152871.jpg

1333319302.jpg

Edited by ganggang

21 mins ago, ganggang said:

You can check the pic. The bg has box and paper. I don't remember where I put the extra spool washer. Can we meet at weekends? I am not sure if I am busy at Friday. princeton is one and half hour driving from my place.

912322390.jpg

1148152871.jpg

1333319302.jpg

Ok. Let’s work out the details. I’ll send a private message

27 mins ago, Bdawk2020 said:

Update. Found a reel. Still looking a rod

You didn't like rod above, from ganggang?

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

37 mins ago, Bdawk2020 said:

. So I’m still looking for a rod. Do you have any experience with that rod?

I love those Rockaway rods.

I have 4 of them, 10' rated 1/2 to 2 oz; 10' rated 3/4 to 3 oz, 11' rated 3/4 to 3 oz and 12' rated 1 to 4 oz.

There are several threads in main forum about Rockaway rods.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Shimano Spheros 6000FA in good condition, well maintained, couple of bruises but works flawlessly. Combine that with a custom 8" Batson Rainshadow SW 967, 8', 1 pc. rated 1-4, all around rod and in mint condition, it was fished for an hour one time and has been hanging ever since.

Both for $175 picked up in Pt. Pleasant, NJ 

20201228_110341.jpg

20201228_153039.jpg

20201228_153114_01.jpg

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM