bob_G

Good bye old friend

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Bob - Two quotes for a moment like this

“Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.”  – Erica Jong

1 hour ago, flyangler said:

Bob - Two quotes for a moment like this

“Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.”  – Erica Jong

Those quotes are perfect. 

Bob,

My heartfelt condolences,I lost my 3 Brits way too soon,8 years since the last one,

and I still grieve over all of them.Take a little time for yourself,then consider getting

another one,don't wait too long like I did,and most of all do not expect a new pup

to be a copy of your beloved Charlie,as each dog is his own personality....Troutworm

Sorry to hear of your loss. He was a very lucky dog to have had an owner who enjoyed spending so much time in the fields and woods together. I always enjoyed reading about your adventure.

They are here for part of their our lives we are there for all of theirs' Bob take comfort that yours with Charlie were well spent , Bob I'm so sorry ,