ChuckieP

Squid reports?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

30 mins ago, harley48 said:

Yozuri sabiki rigs, nothing fancy

Sweet, I have zero experience with squid. When fishing them on a jig, if I tied a small bucktail under the jig instead of a sinker, would it spook the squid?

7 hours ago, ifishthebadspots said:

Sweet, I have zero experience with squid. When fishing them on a jig, if I tied a small bucktail under the jig instead of a sinker, would it spook the squid?

I use Tsunami weighted squid jigs, 2oz. They’re pretty cheap, a few bucks at goose hummock

43 mins ago, harley48 said:

I use Tsunami weighted squid jigs, 2oz. They’re pretty cheap, a few bucks at goose hummock

Can you cast from shore or is it really only done from a pier/bridge (or boat of course)? I also want to go squidding if I can.

4 hours ago, bcgrab said:

Can you cast from shore or is it really only done from a pier/bridge (or boat of course)? I also want to go squidding if I can.

The squid are running thick in the harbors on Martha’s Vineyard and I picked up a dozen on hi-lo style rigs from docks this weekend. Last year I saw people squid song off the beach with huge generator-powered lights, but I’ve only seen them on the docks so far this year. Good luck!