jolly mon

My Postal Service Rant

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The hair dryer I ordered as part of my wife's birthday present was delivered yesterday.  The damned * mail animal stuffed -and I mean STUFFED- it into the mailbox.  When my wife came in the house with it she said, "I don't know what's in this bag but I'll bet it's broken.  I almost couldn't get the damned thing out of the box it was jammed in so tight."  I opened the white plastic bag and sure enough, it was the hair dryer.  The box was mangled so badly I couldn't have wrapped it up.  It just handed it to her and said Happy Birthday.

When I spoke to a techie at Penn Fishing last month about maintenance on a couple of Torque 5's he told me TWICE NOT to ship them USPS.

Edited by TimS
racist crap removed

Obvious question; Did you tip your mail carrier over the holidays? Along with a thoughtful card? Me thinks not..

I hear a lot of grumbling about the usps, and maybe I'm just lucky, but my mail lady is great. In twenty years of living where I live, I've never had an issue. Stuff shows' up when it's supposed to and gets put where it needs to go. Heck if it's raining when she delivers a package she'll open the door and set it inside... 

1 hour ago, Jettyhound said:

The hair dryer I ordered as part of my wife's birthday present was delivered yesterday.  The damned Nubian silverback mail animal stuffed -and I mean STUFFED- it into the mailbox.  When my wife came in the house with it she said, "I don't know what's in this bag but I'll bet it's broken.  I almost couldn't get the damned thing out of the box it was jammed in so tight."  I opened the white plastic bag and sure enough, it was the hair dryer.  The box was mangled so badly I couldn't have wrapped it up.  It just handed it to her and said Happy Birthday.

When I spoke to a techie at Penn Fishing last month about maintenance on a couple of Torque 5's he told me TWICE NOT to ship them USPS.

Did you get her a mop to go with that hair dryer?

2 hours ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Well that is just plain racist!!!

I told her I wasn't here to vote!

2 hours ago, ByronPA said:

Obvious question; Did you tip your mail carrier over the holidays? Along with a thoughtful card? Me thinks not..

I hear a lot of grumbling about the usps, and maybe I'm just lucky, but my mail lady is great. In twenty years of living where I live, I've never had an issue. Stuff shows' up when it's supposed to and gets put where it needs to go. Heck if it's raining when she delivers a package she'll open the door and set it inside... 

We had a great carrier till about a year ago when they transferred her now we don't have a steady carrier all fill in's and they don't give a ****.  The FB page for our neighborhood always has posts for people looking for packages that tracking shows delivered but they didn't get them 

In defense of mail carriers, the amount of errors compared to the success rates are remarkably low. They work in a fairly hostile environment, there is no appreciation (other than a few customers), the wages are meh, the weather conditions are awful, there is little feeling of accomplishment, the management are Nazi like and even the best ones make mistakes. I didn't mention their buildings and equipment are antiquated and the uniforms are hideous.

And for  50 cents you want it all.  I'd give you a week in your mail carriers shoes, most of us would rather be medicated before being institutionalized, working for the USPS certifies you without further testing. They can keep the job, it sucks.

That being said,  postal workers, like cops, firemen, teachers and most civil employees are good hard working people that get mediocre reward and lots of advice and direction. 

I am just waiting fir the postal service to start offering banking services, what could go wrong.  Certain politicians are pushing that agenda.

Cabo

3 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

I am just waiting fir the postal service to start offering banking services, what could go wrong.  Certain politicians are pushing that agenda.

Cabo

Every time I go to the post office and try to pay cash, they can't even make change for a $20. Sometimes not even $10. :dismay:

Funny, I don't hear anybody bitchin' about trump appointee DeJoy purposely sabotaging the postal system's sorting machines to slow down the mail-in ballots.   From the top down, USPS was delt a moral blow causing huge mail slow-downs putting pressure on everyone, right down to the rural delivery person.

18 hours ago, z-man said:

Next month your meds are going to get thrown in the woods. :laugh:

1st... I’m glad Jolley got his meds but, unfortunately, you’re now on the list.