snapper1

Turkey season 2021

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, SnookerFla said:

Here's one taken off a friend's property during turkey season in Fla. 11 1/2" beard

Screenshot_20210425-173932_Gallery.jpg

Congratulations!

Old Hunter, I wish I could take credit for the turkey. It was a friend of a friend who shot it. It was the only one taken this year, very few birds sighted this season.

I'm dying to get out. Life is in the way. Got out for 2 hours on Sat, nothing seen or heard. Hope to get out Friday. CT I think changed hunting hours. Used to be no hunting in the afternoon, now I think you can hunt until sunset.  I never hunted turkeys late afternoon, I may give it a try.

2 hours ago, GP100 said:

I'm dying to get out. Life is in the way. Got out for 2 hours on Sat, nothing seen or heard. Hope to get out Friday. CT I think changed hunting hours. Used to be no hunting in the afternoon, now I think you can hunt until sunset.  I never hunted turkeys late afternoon, I may give it a try.

Holy crap, it's been years since I hunted turkey and you are correct, hunting hours are now 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset AND it's a 5 bird limit. That's utterly amazing considering about 50 years ago there were ZERO turkeys in our woods.

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

What's everyone's take on Turkey hunting in nasty weather? I'd imagine it's not terribly productive. Comfort aside of course.

I don’t hunt but see a lot of turkeys and deer coming through my yard. Have never seen turkeys moving in nasty weather.

2 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Holy crap, it's been years since I hunted turkey and you are correct, hunting hours are now 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset AND it's a 5 bird limit. That's utterly amazing considering about 50 years ago there were ZERO turkeys in our woods.

FIVE?   Who's running the game regulations?   Same group who is running the rockfish regulations? 

1 min ago, Stryper Snyper said:

FIVE?   Who's running the game regulations?   Same group who is running the rockfish regulations? 

That's 5 Tom's