Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PSegnatelli

Airguns. Permit needed?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

19 mins ago, Reed422 said:

what about on your property?

I beleive, again I could be wrong, that you or your immediate family don't need a license on your property.................

On 4/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, FEW3 said:

No permit needed. 

But, be sure to load up on ammo if the store is a trek away. 

Amazon will not sell airsoft bb's to MA residents. They will sell you the gun though

I haven't been able to buy ammo, guns, or even flip knives from Amazon or Dick's for about 4-5 years.

Walmart will still ship all of the above.

Hunting permits aside, I would still check with the local PD. Even though it's perfectly legal to own air guns without permit, there may be local ordinances prohibiting their use, even just for plinking cans. My town is like this; it is illegal to discharge air powered rifles/guns anywhere within the town limits, for any reason.

9 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Thank u. 

I went with a Crosman 2289.   I would love to get my hands on the New Crosman 362?when its available.  Like a cross between the Benjamin 392 and a Crosman 13XX. And only a few bucks more than a stock 13XX with 850fps and no mods.  

But I love the size of my 2289. Fits in my wheel well. 

I'm more concerned with possession and not the proper permit. 

I know if I get my small game license, my 22, shotgun & ammo would be ok. But IF it were stolen while I was camping, I'm sure it's as much of a hassle in MA as it is in CT. Here you have 72hrs to report or its a felony :banghd:

But a pellet gun is just a pellet gun. Report it stolen or not. Up to you. 

Same with pellets.  One tin of 250 takes up little space and has zero regulations (outside of EPA stuff)  and if we all go green, there are lots of lead free options. 

All in all, I just like puttin meat in the pot. Especially when I'm out n' about.  :howdy:

You need some .177 pellets bro?

If yes pm me your address 

Posted (edited) · Report post

27 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

You need some .177 pellets bro?

If yes pm me your address 

Thank u!  But Im 100% .22cal. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Growing up in New Hampshire, I always what we called BB guns as kids. My dad served 18 months in Korea during the war, and he taught my brothers and I how to shoot starting with a bb gun, then a .22 and on up as I got older. Basic Daisy and a Crossman co2 pump. I have been living in Massachusetts since college, and the difference in Massachusetts gun laws and those in Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont are very different. We used to wear 2 or 3 sweat shirts and ski goggles and go play army shooting each other like they do with paint ball today.

1 hour ago, bumknee said:

Growing up in New Hampshire, I always what we called BB guns as kids. My dad served 18 months in Korea during the war, and he taught my brothers and I how to shoot starting with a bb gun, then a .22 and on up as I got older. Basic Daisy and a Crossman co2 pump. I have been living in Massachusetts since college, and the difference in Massachusetts gun laws and those in Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont are very different. We used to wear 2 or 3 sweat shirts and ski goggles and go play army shooting each other like they do with paint ball today.

BB guns are legal in Ma although totally worthless for any type of hunting, except maybe house sparrows,  but most are so inaccurate they're not worth it.

Lots of boys in the 60s and 70s had BB gun fights.

I personally had a BB surgically removed from the muscle of my lower leg. I tried to hide it from my parents but I couldn't hide the limp. They took me for an xray and that BB just glowed in the film. I wish I kept a copy of that. I did have the BB itself for years before I lost it.

My friend was so mad at me for telling on him. Even way back then, ER docs were required by law to report gun related injuries. Boy was his dad pissed when the cops knocked on his door. We were 12.

Having Hunted many Pigeons and Large Norwegian Water Rats in Abandoned mils in a few Mass Citys using the old Daisy Red Ryder.  I can say that is had never been a problem.   This  website is a great learning tool as I never knew about Merovingians and New Jersey requiring that you be of pure linage .  At least if you get a Haircut at the local Barber you might look like one.   I do try to Drive thru New Jersey as quick as possible and always keep the windows rolled up as the smell is pretty bad.   Have almost hit deer in the Medowlands with my truck many times and strongly suspect that it must be good hunting out there in the middle of the night as you do see people with firearms wandering around frequently.

Clovis the Barber.jpg

air/spring fired bb/pellet guns are 100% legal to own in MA without a LTC or FID. They are not regulated as firearms by MA or the federal gov't. Period. You must be 18 to purchase. A minor must be supervised to use one. You may hunt with them for most species EXCEPT deer, bear, turkey, migratory birds, and crow, or on stocked WMA's during the pheasant/quail season. They are not as quiet as you may think. As someone also suggested, also look at your local ordinances too.