TimS

Heart stuff...the time approaches

Rate this topic

284 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Billybob said:

One of 3 is blocked, he doesn't need a jew doctor, he has us.

In fact, I'm gonna go see him this month, and I'll bring my nurse.

So relax.

i dont know.. doc hop told me never to listen to a nurse

35 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

I thought I’d be firing on all cylinders and pain free by now...I’m not.  The pain I have on the right side of my chest when I move or try and lift anything over a pound or 2 can be best described as getting stabbed with a sword clear through to my lower shoulder blade, it will take my breath away. I have pushed myself harder than I should have.... hopefully what ever I pulled or tore isn’t permanent.  I see my cardiologist next week, all I can do is see what he has to say about it.

CalculatingEveryGadwall-size_restricted.gif

We have some great hospitals up here, arguably the best in the world.  Maybe you should consider getting another opinion(s).  I can put you and the Mrs. up for as long as it takes, and then we can fish the canal after. 

Seriously boss, please consider it.

I really don't want anybody cracking my Timmy open, as long as he's growing hair on his legs, I say he's circulating. 

Tim, are the legs hairing? 

Go to Ma. General and get a second opinion, no way should anyone, any age with one blocked should wait. Its only natural to be nervous, If you are as  bad as you said there's no way they would tell you wait unless: They want you to lose weight,or there is another conflict with medications

42 mins ago, Billybob said:

I really don't want anybody cracking my Timmy open, as long as he's growing hair on his legs, I say he's circulating. 

If anyone knows hair......

10 mins ago, RAW said:

Go to Ma. General and get a second opinion, no way should anyone, any age with one blocked should wait. Its only natural to be nervous, If you are as  bad as you said there's no way they would tell you wait unless: They want you to lose weight,or there is another conflict with medications

I agree

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

The legs are hairing :th: I play golf a few times a week and walk...and carry my bag, none of that sissy cart stuff...I generally feel as good as I have in the last 10 years. Makes it really hard to picture laying on a table and saying "Go ahead, split me down the middle and make it so I can't do anything for a couple months" :freak:  I've watched the videos of my heart catheterization...I see where the problem is...I see the big fat artery that ends abruptly and see the three tiny ones that have picked up some of the slack. I know it's a real problem. When the surgeon says "there's absolutely no rush" two or three times...it does make me wonder...then why are we doing it? :squid: 

1 hour ago, RAW said:

I'm about 10 pounds heavier now than when I graduated high school in 1984 and I was the healthiest I've ever been. I've lost 20 pounds in the past two years...nothing wrong with my weight. The only reason the doctor said there's no rush is because this artery has been blocked completely for at least a decade...maybe two. It's nothing new...and it's not getting notably worse. Did a cardiac cath Dec, 2019 and did one two weeks ago - it hasn't changed in any measurable way. So there's no rush...this "normal" has been my normal for longer than I can remember anything different :) 

1 hour ago, John O' said:

We have some great hospitals up here, arguably the best in the world.  Maybe you should consider getting another opinion(s).  I can put you and the Mrs. up for as long as it takes, and then we can fish the canal after. 

Seriously boss, please consider it.

Thank you, John, much appreciated :howdy: Jersey Shore Medical Center is no slouch when it comes to cardiac care...it's not MA general, but it's a noteworthy hospital that is, literally, one mile from my house. It's the kind of place the helicopters fly people to put them back together. And my surgery is really nothing overly complicated - very standard in terms of a bypass surgery...couple snips and some sewing and the surgeon says I'll be golfing/fishing in 4-5 weeks :beers: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tim, 

I wouldn't wait... the obits are full of guys who wait.   Go for a new lease on life.  Don't let the typical male ego cloud the realities.

I had quadruple bypass back in 2015 and still going strong.   Like you found a problem before I had an "incident".   Thank God my GP noticed something amiss. 

I've had plenty of surgeries and my knee and ankle surgery were no worse than the bypass....possibly no brain no pain but it wasn't bad at all.   More discomfort from lying in the crappy hospital bed and bowel back up from the Oxy than the surgery itself. I refused the Oxy after a couple of days and only took Tylenol . 

Look into Boston Medical.   Can't speak of them highly enough.   Best hospital experience I've had.    Don't wait.

I had Dr Howard Laszar.  Nurses couldn't say enough good things about him.  

https://www.bumc.bu.edu/cardiovascular-medicine/areas-of-expertise/cardiac-surgery/

Best wishes for a healthy outcome!

HT

Edited by HillTop

24 mins ago, HillTop said:

I wouldn't wait... the obits are full of guys who wait.   Go for a new lease on life.  Don't let the typical male ego cloud the realities.

I appreciate the sentiment and understand exactly where you are coming from - if I thought this was life/death, I'd be in there now :) When the cardiac surgeon says, twice...in front of your wife - with emphasis - that there's "no rush"...it tells me this is not a time sensitive life/death decision. To be honest, it would be much easier to lay on a table if the doctor said "do it or you'll have a heart attack" - but he was pretty clear that it was not a rush. 

I'm in between the "long walk in the woods" and "holy crap, do it now" kinda person. I won't lie, I'm scared to death of bypass surgery. The thought of them cutting open my relatively healthy chest, pulling blood vessels outta my leg and sewing them into my aorta like some kinda plumbing mess you might see under the sink of a rental property freaks me out a fair bit :blackeye: I'm going to have it done...I'm eyeballing August...but I'm not doing anything till I talk to Billybob :)

1 hour ago, TimS said:

Thank you, John, much appreciated :howdy: Jersey Shore Medical Center is no slouch when it comes to cardiac care...it's not MA general, but it's a noteworthy hospital that is, literally, one mile from my house. It's the kind of place the helicopters fly people to put them back together. And my surgery is really nothing overly complicated - very standard in terms of a bypass surgery...couple snips and some sewing and the surgeon says I'll be golfing/fishing in 4-5 weeks :beers: 

I had my spine rebuilt at Jersey Shore. Top-notch.