cheech

Kindest thing a stranger has done for you?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Not me, but my daughters first trip to dmv was a failure, she didn't bring cash and they wouldn't let her use the credit card we gave her.  17 year old girl, starts crying, guy behind her pays her transaction.  She got his number and we reimbursed him and threw in a tray of my wifes world famous rainbow cookies.

Very nice of that man to help her.

Years ago, when my daughter was 4 and we had just moved to Florida, our car had broken down in a Walmart parking lot.

The greeter at the Walmart, who was an old man, saw that I was messing with the car and asked what the problem was. I told him I couldn't get it started and wanted to get my kid and wife home and that we only lived a few miles from there. He just handed me the keys to his car and said that I should just go and drop them off and come back. I did that and talked to him later, turns out he was a retired engineer with quite a few cars and did the job just so he had a place to go and could talk to other folks during the day, as he was lonely. What a kind soul.

Not me, but my mother was driving on the highway alone and got a flat.    Pre cell phone days so no AAA.    Two college age girls stopped to help.    One   Helped my mom get behind the guardrail for safety and talked to her while the other girl changed the tire.    She tried to reward them for their kind act but they would not let her.       They even followed her to her exit to make sure the spare was good.       Solid.  

I got slammed by a giant chunk of ice from a tractor trailer.  It caved in half of my trucks roof and broke the window.  I tried chasing the guy down to get him pulled over and he wouldnt.  Another guy was able to pull in front of the truck to get him stopped.  He said he saw it happen and couldnt believe it.  

That was pretty cool of him to help.  

2 hours ago, Fishing Pete said:

Last week I was at the drive through at DD and the guy in front of me payed for my order.

That was yesterday for my wife and I. We got two breakfast wraps for only $3 but it was the idea that brought joy to us.

Really a kindness extended to my mom. I was 4. We were headed to grandmas house. She gets a flat on the BQE. Rig pulls over and driver changes the tire. In light snow. 

A couple years ago, going to catch a subway. Hear it coming. Person in front of me gets through the turnstile my card doesn’t work. She notices, turns around and swipes me in. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

About a month ago I heard a knock on the door.  I can count on one hand the number of times that’s happened in the 17 years I’ve lived here. 

It was a couple in their 30s who has just bought the lake house below me.  

He’s a doctor from Long Island and his wife, who handed me a big tray of home made baklava is Albanian and is from Staten Island.  Small world. 

They walked the whole road doing the same for the few other neighbors. 

I thought we were supposed to do that for them. 

Edited by Rocky_Point_Charlie

Last month at chic fil a.  Car in front of me paid for my order.  The gesture blew me away.  I decided to pay for the car behind me.  Their order was $4 more than my original order. Sumbitch!! 

9 mins ago, Ravioli said:

Got a blowsie from some random chick at a kegger back in 1982.

For me it was a middle aged lass in Australia, they love American sailors.

51 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I got slammed by a giant chunk of ice from a tractor trailer.  It caved in half of my trucks roof and broke the window.  I tried chasing the guy down to get him pulled over and he wouldnt.  Another guy was able to pull in front of the truck to get him stopped.  He said he saw it happen and couldnt believe it.  

That was pretty cool of him to help.  

Lucky that day