Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Nice work, and a good way to customize your lures for different situations by varying the amount of hair, adding feathers, etc. Arguably one of the most versatile lures out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kid_just_wants_to_fish said:

First bucktail I tied with my brother.

Hair and jig was bought from bass pro. 

 

IMG_20210417_122037669.jpg

Looks great your hooked now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kid_just_wants_to_fish said:

First bucktail I tied with my brother.

Hair and jig was bought from bass pro. 

 

IMG_20210417_122037669.jpg

Good job young man , you will find that adding a little flash to the hair will also increase the strike ratio over time. Also as a suggestion is to use red thread in the tying process . Having tied thousands of jigs over many years I have experimented with colors and I have found that adding red to the head makes it a little more productive and it is one of the colors best seen by the fish you are seeking. peace and Prayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Good job young man , you will find that adding a little flash to the hair will also increase the strike ratio over time. Also as a suggestion is to use red thread in the tying process . Having tied thousands of jigs over many years I have experimented with colors and I have found that adding red to the head makes it a little more productive and it is one of the colors best seen by the fish you are seeking. peace and Prayers

will keep that in mind, thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kid_just_wants_to_fish said:

will keep that in mind, thank you

I'll add one piece of advice.

Once you've tied in your bucktail, before you finish it, add a single drop of super glue. Add the super glue, finish off your tie, and laquer it with a UV sensitive finish. By adding a drop off glue, you'll never have any bucktail fall out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, bob_G said:

I'll add one piece of advice.

Once you've tied in your bucktail, before you finish it, add a single drop of super glue. Add the super glue, finish off your tie, and laquer it with a UV sensitive finish. By adding a drop off glue, you'll never have any bucktail fall out.

My brother put hardhead glue onto the string, it's used for fly tying

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s awesome! I love tying. I tied my own for steelhead salmon and bass.  1/32-1/4 ounce heads.  I need to tie bucktail for sea bass fluke and stripers.  Tied a few cod pollack haddock teasers 

251C5C4E-883C-44BA-B4E9-10A40EA0C3D2.jpeg

502F6A98-DD1D-40BF-9DCA-6DFF2B23ECE5.jpeg

9C1E634E-BCAE-4D2F-96C5-F1E81F248B29.jpeg

81D415A6-B6B7-49DB-B701-949C64175AA0.jpeg

5D5B9BD5-AE9A-4FFA-B8A2-8C362E58FA61.jpeg

457EC4DF-D7CA-47E1-A12E-76C919E317D3.jpeg

581A38C4-7BF7-416B-9A75-073B32FE35DE.jpeg

36115096-695D-4DFB-B66F-917D2C28DDAF.jpeg

307C4D69-C913-4D32-9189-8AA041631737.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.