prican1

What's with Gold VS150's?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/17/2021 at 0:53 PM, prican1 said:

I was wondering because I use my Gold VSB150 all season day & night and if I can get 2K for it I would sell it and use my Silver VSB150 !! LOL!! Crazy trends nowadays

You got to be kidding. I have a gold 200 that I purchased right around the time before everything moved to China. They where making the transition back then and the shelves where bear. I found the reel in Bound Brook New Jersey. 

At  the numbers your talking about I have one for sale... :)

Edited by Lou T

1 hour ago, LB said:

lf they were to stop making the black reels which would eliminate one process in the making of the reel the same thing would happen in due time there would be a demand for the black reel and prices would go up.

Gold is a hard color to keep uniform tough the coloring process, trying to match dyed parts is time-consuming, then when a new dye mixture is made it could be off some, you can see that when you buy a gold replacement part it could be lighter or darker.

That my thought on the matters. :why:

Even on the same reel, some parts faded at different times. Probably different batches of anodizing. 

11 hours ago, Clbay1971 said:

I like the gold and silver ones as they hide scratches a lot better.

I tried no hide the scratches.. :)100_1416.JPG.283c45c09a03a9432349c977a19b47b6.JPG100_1414.JPG.ecc7055e0304f98a65abef808aeed628.JPG

lf your not fishing this reel submerge or in heave surf, l would say you have a bad pinion housing bushing, any play in the rotor?

Posted (edited) · Report post

This happened a couple years ago kind of right after VS discontinued them.  I remember I sold a gold VS250 that was used maybe once or twice for 500 and it sat in the BST for quite a while, all so I could buy the new VR 50.  2 or 3 Months later I couldve bought two VR50s.

Edited by bbfish

Bought a Gold VSB 100 for 350 a few years ago, and sold it for $650 a few months back. Wish my investments had those kind of returns.

It’s a nice color, I always felt a VS looked best in gold. Now with that said I can’t say I would pay $1100 for a reel. This years plugs and reels have went nuts in price.

On 4/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, MattieG said:

It’s not just 150’s, it’s any size that came in gold. It’s not that their hot now either, it’s just some nutty dudes with too much money on their hands, and probably no wives to tell them no. These are the guys who love flashy stuff. They’ve probably got matching rods to match their fishing outfits for the day. 

Honsetly I don’t get it. Even if I wanted one, and could afford the insane prices of a gold vs, I probably wouldn’t fish it in public in the areas I fish. Any fishermen or even someone who sees a “gold” reel might try and clock you over the head, and Jack it from you. We live in some whack times Right now, and every night I go out especially alone, I make sure to have something to protect myself, as I have a friend who was nearly mugged awhile back for his gear.

Pepper spray in my bag