prican1

What's with Gold VS150's?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

VS had stop producing gold VS reels many years ago so why are the gold 150's a hot item now?? Are the Gold 200's & 250's a hot item as well? Enquiring minds want to know.... 

It’s not just 150’s, it’s any size that came in gold. It’s not that their hot now either, it’s just some nutty dudes with too much money on their hands, and probably no wives to tell them no. These are the guys who love flashy stuff. They’ve probably got matching rods to match their fishing outfits for the day. 

Honsetly I don’t get it. Even if I wanted one, and could afford the insane prices of a gold vs, I probably wouldn’t fish it in public in the areas I fish. Any fishermen or even someone who sees a “gold” reel might try and clock you over the head, and Jack it from you. We live in some whack times Right now, and every night I go out especially alone, I make sure to have something to protect myself, as I have a friend who was nearly mugged awhile back for his gear.

Edited by MattieG

Gold is cute and new guys always want what’s harder to acquire. Guys that have been around sell gold vs buy another black let’s say and get a new rod built. 

3 mins ago, MikeK said:

I dont know, but i sold my gold 150 a year ago to finance other tackle puchases.  I was quite please for the demand and return. 

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

It’s not just 150’s, it’s any size that came in gold. It’s not that their hot now either, it’s just some nutty dudes with too much money on their hands, and probably no wives to tell them no. These are the guys who love flashy stuff. They’ve probably got matching rods to match their fishing outfits for the day. 

Honsetly I don’t get it. Even if I wanted one, and could afford the insane prices of a gold vs, I probably wouldn’t fish it in public in the areas I fish. Any fishermen or even someone who sees a “gold” reel might try and clock you over the head, and Jack it from you. We live in some whack times Right now, and every night I go out especially alone, I make sure to have something to protect myself, as I have a friend who was nearly mugged awhile back for his gear.

People get mugged on Gilligans Island?!?! :D

I was wondering because I use my Gold VSB150 all season day & night and if I can get 2K for it I would sell it and use my Silver VSB150 !! LOL!! Crazy trends nowadays

Gold only got desirable after they stopped production. Supply and demand. If VS introduces gold again they would sit on shelves like the good old days. :)

So funny. Everything I own is black, I am so blacked out at night I cant even find myself. I do look a lil ridiculous in the am after an all nighter on the rocks and I decide to run the beach or hit another rock pile for a few hours when the sun comes up. I am sure the people that see me are sayin look at that friggen idiot,lol.