Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belmo

Tower Theater in Upper Darby to Be Demolished

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I haven't seen anything in legitimate news outlets yet, but I'm hearing rumors that the owners of the Tower Theater, the live music space in the heart of DelCo (where Belmo was born :howdy:), is going to be demolished. The venue's tower, which gave it its name, was removed almost two years ago, but this time they're evidently going to bulldoze the whole dang thing. 

Feel free to opine on the iconic shows that you've seen there: and there are too many to count. The Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Bowie, Bob Dylan, the Dead... the list goes on and on. It's where a teenaged Belmo saw a Jane's Addiction show that ended in a riot. 

It will be sad to see it go, if the rumors are true. 

174234861_10225249014109792_1378063530304869024_n.jpg

The last time I was there, the bathroom was remodeled. There was no one pissing in the sink and the floor wasn't covered in urine. :laugh: 

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

My buddy Irish Dave built the VIP room there. He would get us tickets to any show we wanted. 

You made up that story. It sounds like total baloney - I find it utterly ridiculous to believe that you have friends. 

14 mins ago, Belmo said:

You made up that story. It sounds like total baloney - I find it utterly ridiculous to believe that you have friends. 

funny because my friend gets more invites to fish with the rooners than you

57 mins ago, Belmo said:

And he's still your friend? :huh:

Like those guys actually fish.

Recently they had to take the steeple down because it was rotted and falling over. The place was definitely in disrepair. I was there once. The neighborhood was a **** hole. I never went back. There were spooks hiding in the shadows of the store fronts street parking in that ghetto. F that.

1 min ago, Captain Ahab said:

Rode my bicycle there when I was in college to see shows.  Fast is not fast enough when doing market street at 1 am. Lol

Yeah man when I went there I was in my 20's. Some girl wanted to see some show. I lived in center city nothing new to me but I had moved and it reminded me of bad times.