Locating Lamiglas blanks

Rate this topic

Metal_Z

I’ve been starting to look around to find a lamiglas 1201L gsb blank. I have checked two tackle shops in NJ and so far have had no luck. Also, checked a bunch of websites and it looks like no one is shipping lamiglas blanks over 9ft. Is it possible to buy one in person in Nj or even ny willing to drive or should I start thinking of other options. 

Sorry Not sure if this belongs here or in the wtb section. 

I know they don’t easily sell it individually but I do believe they must be out there in some shops that order in bulk. For example the one place I stopped in did have the 1201m in stock on the shelf. 

Edited by Metal_Z

It's not just tough on the Island. I spent a couple months calling and visiting all the shops in CT looking for a 1201m, and finally found and settled for a raw 1321m OS. Apparently all of the distributors are out and shops can't get them.

Seems a lot of different hobbies are facing low supply and stock lately. Looks like it will just be a waiting game. 

Not sure if there’s any similar blanks to the 1201l I can search for?

Might just try a rod geeks blanks for the time being. 

They have the covid restrictions on the amount of people you can put back to work and a sustained shortage of graphite materials, the Texas winter storm really jacked things up in the chemical industry, it isn't pretty out there for any kind of graphite/ epoxy production and the big customers get first dibs, fishing rods use very little of the market share in composites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...