Z0rb0

Parking Meters On Revere Beach

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2021 at 7:07 AM, Joe G said:

That’s only fair.  

But Kelly’s Roast Beef can’t be too happy about this. Wonder if they can cut a deal and have 3-4 parking spots out front deemed “meter free” for Kelly’s customers.  

Let the customers pay up front to park and the let the resturaunt refund the parking fee if they want............................

On 4/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, bob_G said:

The DCR is an omnipotent borderline rouge agency that answers to no one. They have far too much authority, and have their fingers in too many pies.

Compared to??????

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Totally unfair, why should some "residents" that probably live in section 8 housing, on welfare park for free and some guy takes a day off from work to take is family to the beach have to pay???

One pays, all pay............

What does section 8 have to do with it?

A resident is a resident regardless of income.

Resident parking only is common all up and down the coast and wherever there are beaches or ponds. There's no income requirements. You just have to be a resident. 

Our little freshwater town beach had turned into a **** show in recent years with out of towners taking up all the legit parking as well lining the near by streets, blocking driveways, digging up lawns and obstructing traffic. 

They started charging $5.00 for out of towners. Residents just had to show proof they lived there. A gas or electric bill was enough. That is totally fair. Many residents indeed are lower income. Why should they not be able to park in their own town because people from out of town take all the places?

Trying to get "customer only" parking will still cause problems as there will ALWAYS be some toolbags that don't care and will park there to use the beach.

"resident only" parking sounds good at first, but you know that the money-grabbing powers that be will force residents to buy a sticker showing they are residents.

This will only cause more people to rethink going to the beach and thusly reduce potential income.

The ONLY reason I would even go there would be Kelly's, as I can scour any of our local beaches for used condoms, tampons and needles if I wanted to.

20 mins ago, mikez2 said:

What does section 8 have to do with it?

A resident is a resident regardless of income.

Resident parking only is common all up and down the coast and wherever there are beaches or ponds. There's no income requirements. You just have to be a resident. 

Our little freshwater town beach had turned into a **** show in recent years with out of towners taking up all the legit parking as well lining the near by streets, blocking driveways, digging up lawns and obstructing traffic. 

They started charging $5.00 for out of towners. Residents just had to show proof they lived there. A gas or electric bill was enough. That is totally fair. Many residents indeed are lower income. Why should they not be able to park in their own town because people from out of town take all the places?

Well, the Mass. Turnpike goes through part of my town, I still have to pay, I want to fish the Quabbin, again in my town, still have to pay.  The residency requirements are discrimination..............

3 mins ago, b-ware said:

Well, the Mass. Turnpike goes through part of my town, I still have to pay, I want to fish the Quabbin, again in my town, still have to pay.  The residency requirements are discrimination..............

You're comparing state resources vs town.

Town resident only services are everywhere. Parking, transfer stations, even libraries. 

Good luck using "discrimination" as a defense against that. Especially since your objections are "section 8, probably on welfare".:cool:

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Totally unfair, why should some "residents" that probably live in section 8 housing, on welfare park for free and some guy takes a day off from work to take is family to the beach have to pay???

That is silly. A town or city should make rules for all their residents regardless of their income. 

22 mins ago, ged said:

That is silly. A town or city should make rules for all their residents regardless of their income. 

The point I am trying to make is this, any resident can use a parking spot for what ever reason, shopping, eating out, going for a walk or buying drugs while the honest hard working dude want to go to the beach with his family.  Let the town build a parking lot, pay to get in and it will be equal for every one...........................

7 hours ago, FishermanTim said:

Trying to get "customer only" parking will still cause problems as there will ALWAYS be some toolbags that don't care and will park there to use the beach.

"resident only" parking sounds good at first, but you know that the money-grabbing powers that be will force residents to buy a sticker showing they are residents.

This will only cause more people to rethink going to the beach and thusly reduce potential income.

The ONLY reason I would even go there would be Kelly's, as I can scour any of our local beaches for used condoms, tampons and needles if I wanted to.

Town is giving the permits to residents at no cost (though I don’t like the idea of meters at all, either). I’ve lived here now for a few years - it’s quite nice for the most part, actually. I will give the DCR credit for keeping the sand clean daily.  Before I moved here I had heard nothing but bad things - sort of happy it still has that reputation, because most of the time I have the beach to myself when I fish.

-Justin 

15 mins ago, Z0rb0 said:

I will give the DCR credit for keeping the sand clean daily.  

-Justin 

Maybe the DCR should do the same on their swimming pools.

Posted (edited) · Report post

41 mins ago, bob_G said:

Maybe the DCR should do the same on their swimming pools.

Ouch. 

Do you remember that time a lady drown in a DCR pool and the DCR actually checked the pool and didn’t see the lady for days while people continued to use the pool with her dead at the bottom? 

WTF! True story. 

Edited by ged

10 hours ago, b-ware said:

Not to make it personal, but the average section 8 rent in Revere is probably more than the average mortgage in Ware and a camper :) 

To keep thing in perspective, I doubt most people would chose to leave their apartment in Revere to live in Ware or a campground if given the opportunity. 

13 mins ago, ged said:

Ouch. 

Do you remember that time a lady drown in a DCR pool and the DCR actually checked the pool and didn’t see the lady for days while people continued to use the pool with her dead at the bottom? 

WTF! True story. 

That's what I was referring to. :)

59 mins ago, bob_G said:

That's what I was referring to. :)

I think the pool was in Fall River. That is one of the wackiest stories of all time. Imagine how many people swam in that pool with the lady dead at the bottom.