Jr

3 Tand

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

In this day I find Customer Service to be very lacking so I wanted to share what I unfortunately find a rare great experience. I went out for my first trip of the season. fished for about 2 hours, when I reached down to reel up I found a bare screw where the handle of my T 90 should have been. As it was there before I walked in the water I knew it was gone. So got home found 3 Tand's web site and sent an email to Customer Service inquiring how I could get a replacement. Seeing it was Saturday figured I'd get a response sometime Monday. Nope got a response within hour with the Contact's cell number telling me to call him Monday AM. So called Monday and he actually answered, spoke for a few minutes asked for my address and told me he would be putting the replacement parts in the mail that day. Later I received a text message with step by step instructions, including pictures on how to install the new handle, I never asked for this. This was all free of charge. I didn't know much about 3 Tand Reels when I bought this used but I have found it to be a very nice reel. have to say if I am ever in the market for another reel there is no doubt where I will look first.

Timing is everything I guess. Need a drag cover o ring for a V80...3 emails in 3 weeks no response. Try again today!

Ron Poehailos is one of the most generous guys I’ve met.  He is the owner of ZeeBaas and 3 tand.  I’m yet to try the fly reels but I’ve got nothing but good things to say about ZeeBaas. If you ever get the chance to go to their shop in Stratford I’d highly recommend it.  A + service.  He even offered for me to sell plugs on his site when I get turning.  

1 hour ago, surfrat59 said:

Timing is everything I guess. Need a drag cover o ring for a V80...3 emails in 3 weeks no response. Try again today!

Try calling on week days.  

19 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

I have several 3-Tands and I like them a lot.  They are good reels and Ron is a great guy, but he is pretty much a one-man show, so when he gets busy you do have to be persistent.

Great bunch of guys there. The best service you’re gonna find, and the best quality products. Definitely listen to Tommy and stop in if you get a chance. You’ll be a customer for life.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Same thing happened to me, I purchased the reel at Bears Den. They put a temp  handle on it for me to use 

until 3Tand shipped a replacement. Once I received the replacement they removed the temp handle and installed the

3Tand one. Great service once again from Bears Den.

Edited by Tie one on