Mike Oliver

Vision Hybrid Fly lines

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Just been alerted to these lines. They are an integrated shooting head format. Ok designed for Skagit, Scandi In TH rods and single Handers. The head is floating.  The tips come in lengths from 7.5 feet to 20 feet. Dead easy to get the right tip as this info is given on Visions web site.

I have absolutely no idea how they cast and perform. When funds allow I will get one and give it a whirl. 
I personally  prefer to cast a line that is all one density rather than a floating belly and tips.

In the heavier line weights which are of interest to us the head and tip lengths come out around 35 to 37 feet which is ideal for rods of around 13 feet long.

Anyone on Sol cast and fish these lines in the salt yet.

mike

Can't give you any definite info though as it was just a few hours of casting it from a boat and with a 7" pike fly. Actually on the verge of buying one for myself too

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, for those who are wondering, Vision is a Finnish company into fly fishing products (reels, rods (SH and TH), lines, waders etc.) and so far, according to its website, its market is limited to Europe. No dealers (yet?) in North America. 

Edited by Suave
Omission

Killie I dont know about the taper. They are sold as being ok for Skagit and Scandi. How this relates to overhead which is where my interest lies  I don’t know.

mike

3 hours ago, Suave said:

So, for those who are wondering, Vision is a Finnish company and so far, according to its website, its market is limited to Europe. No dealers (yet?) in North America. 

Suave,

Vision products can be obtained from UK Tackle dealers. Many of the large ones do mail order.

On 2021/04/09 at 11:39 PM, Mike Oliver said:

Just been alerted to these lines. They are an integrated shooting head format. Ok designed for Skagit, Scandi In TH rods and single Handers.

mike

I'll be following this, they caught my attention last year; watched the YT videos over and over again  let us know

Z

I asked someone in the know the other day and his opinion was not great which was disappointing. Mind he was judging the line as it cast spey and Skagit style. Scandi lines are a bit different to Skagits.  So was a compromise reached here. Now for me my interest is how it casts overhead for the beach.

When I get to cast one will let you know.

mike